Cruiseomatic question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruiseomatic question

My 61 t bird trans died recently.I am led to understand the cruiseomatic and fmx are similar.I found a rebuilt fmx locally for a 351c.Will the bell housings interchange?The external appearance is very similar.Any body have any experience with these?I know mopar and gm ,but these damn furds are a little frustrating.I am trying to learn though!

I'd do a Google search. I've driven a Cruiso in my day but never messed with one.

Dan

Comment

So you have a cleveland in the 61?

Here is something from my friend Google
      Last edited by cstmwgn; March 3, 2013, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Cruiseomatic, which is basically a big C-4, has a removeable bellhousing, as does the FMX. You should be able to swap them. I've put C-4 trans cases together with cruisomatic bellhousings, and the FMX bell looks the same as a C4, so I would think an FE automatic bell would swap to the FMX trans case.

Comment

Took a chance and bought it and found the top bolts do not line up.I am going to drill and tap and give it a try!

Comment

Depends on the flexplate you have, there are two different sizes for the 302 and then there is differences for 351s too. I cant remember what is different for driveshafts and things like that.

Comment

Working...
            X