Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picked up my new ride this weekend (BEWARE Mustang content inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OOOOOH!!! *drool*

(Haley walks away envious, wishing her Mustang wasn't 33 freakin years old)
    Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

The coyote 5.0 and the 6.2 are finally getting it right, after years of the modular - that isn't - these two engines are worth buying.

I hope it delivers years and years of smiles!
      Last edited by milner351; March 4, 2013, 07:27 AM.
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Love it. Anyone in the market for one, don't hesitate to check the option for the Track Package if you plan on driving it hard.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
          The coyote 5.0 and the 6.2 are finally getting it right, after years of the modular - that isn't - these two engines are worth buying.
          x2. Looking like Ford is finally making an engine it promised the Mod motor to be two decades ago.

Speedy was knocking down some high 12's in his Mustang, with some good launching mid-12's shouldn't be impossible.
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
            You should have warned Peewee away from this thread....

nice 'stang
            SAHHHHH-weeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!! Oh my, that's a dream. HELL yeah, great score!

There was a dude at work who had a white 5.0, I think last year's model. I didn't know whose it was. It was there in the upper parking lot every day but then it wasn't.

I finally got to meet the guy one day when he and another guy were standing around looking at Red while I was on my way out. He works in the Big Building, people I don't usually ever see.

He said he got 8 points' worth of tickets in that thing real quick. 4 for doing 80 in a 55. And then a week later Barney busted him for 4 more for rolling through a stop sign. He figured the cop would have never got him for that if he'd been driving a pickup truck, like he was a target in that 5.0. So just that quick, he traded that 5.0 back in for a pickup truck, just to keep his license.

Poor guy couldn't contain himself in that car.

Hearty and profound Weeville endorsement on the 5.0. Give me one, and I'll keep it. I'll find a place to put it.
            Last edited by pdub; March 4, 2013, 02:53 PM.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
              x2. Looking like Ford is finally making an engine it promised the Mod motor to be two decades ago.

Speedy was knocking down some high 12's in his Mustang, with some good launching mid-12's shouldn't be impossible.
              It's certainly doable to run better (as many NMRA racers have already proven). What you need is: '

-- Suspension bolt-ons that stop the wheel hop (the biggest problem in getting a good 60-ft from a Coyote Mustang with sticky tires is vicious wheel hop . . . I haven't noticed much of a wheel hop problem on the hard factory tires (UTQG 400) because they have so little grip when you hit 'em hard)

-- A "lower" rear gear than a 3.31 (which the Track Pack has)

--Tires that will absorb the shock of a hard launch (18" M/Ts aren't the way to go in my opinion -- you need a real slick on a smaller diameter wheel for enough sidewall to wrap on the hit.)

-- At a minimum, disconnect the front sway bar . . . although it would make it easier to add some "uplift" shocks (70/30, 90/10 or a brace of the newer adjustables) and temporarily ditching the heavy front wheels.

I'm also curious how the stiffer springs of the Track Pack/Brembo option react at the strip. I suspect they'll help in the back and hurt in the front, but I could be wrong.

Nice purchase!

Comment

Working...
              X