X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check this gas getter out

Original Carjunkie TV Member

Re: Check this gas getter out

9500 you can get a real moto for that . Probably one thats faster and better on gas !

Comment

Too expensive yes but very cool ;D
      Original Carjunkie TV Member

Comment

Check this out guy's.

Comment

;D

Comment

I've seen one of those sidecars in a junkyard. I didn't know it was for a Cushman, I might have picked it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle
              is that a Miracle Whip jar filled with petrol and wired to the ignition? I hear you can get really good mileage once you break free of the atmosphere and achieve low earth orbit.

It's supposed to be water, and baking soda.

Comment

You'll live.

Comment

Back when I worked at the fleet garage in college we had this little cushman truck that didn't run.

It was identical to this thing:

Myself and one of the other student mechanics would work on it during our lunch breaks. I think it was a Kohler V-Twin motor in it. It made around 20hp. The thing had a 3 speed manual trans and it looked like a little mini pickup truck. Two guys could wedge into it.

After we got it working we took it for a spin on the campus roads. We took it right down the center of campus, laughing our asses off the whole time. The superintendant of maintenance wasn't laughing as hard when he drove past us in the other direction.

We got a talking to upon our return.

Those Cushman scooters have a cult following, I'm guessing this guy will make some bucks on that thing.

Brian[img][/img]
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

That was THE hot ride when I was in HS. The rich kids had 'em (that is, those who could talk their parents into 'em - future lawyers, I'd guess). I've never seen one with a sidecar, though. WAY cool. Don't know enough to have an opinion on the price, but I know they have a following.

Dan

Comment

We have a guy here locally that used to restore mid 50's T-Birds and they'd bring big bucks and would usually sell during completion, now he restores Cushmans. A buddy of mine and I pooled our paper route money and bought a Cushman Eagle when we were in school because the State made it legal for a 14 year old to ride a Scooter, they repealed it a month after we bought it! there were a lot of Cushmans for sale then.

Comment

Working...
                      X