Too funny not to share

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too funny not to share

I got this from the Community safety officer ...

Dear _____,

Someone reported found property which turned out to be nothing major; however, the caller said that he “thought it was a bomb so he picked it up to check.” Talk about potentially taking one for the team. Eesh.

Sincerely,
    CSO

(names have been changed to protect the ones from the shallow end of the gene pool)
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; March 4, 2013, 04:15 PM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

I guess I don't get WA. humor, same as I didn't "get" the whole Nirvana thing even though I lived there for four years.
    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Orange95Z View Post
      I guess I don't get WA. humor, same as I didn't "get" the whole Nirvana thing even though I lived there for four years.
      I wasn't gonna go there alone, but I'll go with ya and I didn't get it either Matt. Although I was only in the WA state area on vacation for about a week. Guess I didn't soak up enough of...the whatever it is.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Let me take this one, I think I was born just far enough north to get this. HE PICKED UP WHAT HE THOUGHT WAS A BOMB! Just kidding about the first part.
        Last edited by Dan Barlow; March 4, 2013, 05:38 PM.
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I'm confused.....so with the Darwin Awards thing going on annually, is it actually a downer that it wasn't a bomb and that it didn't actually go off? I mean...

I'm confused.
          Last edited by pdub; March 4, 2013, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Oooohhhhh a booby trap.... What happens when I flick the trigger?

Comment

Yeah, its a bomb. Lets run over and pick it up to see what it does. Lets whack it with something big and heavy while we are at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                Oooohhhhh a booby trap.... What happens when I flick the trigger?
                OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Oh okay. So let's SEE if this is a bomb or not.

Okay, so Rednecks are truly everywhere (I always knew they were) and Rednecks in Tennessee don't even understand Redneck jokes that are about somebody else. Yeah that works!

Comment

One of the first things we were told after being stationed in the desert was to make sure there weren't any scorpions hiding in your shoes/ boots before you put them on, because many people get stung in their feet if they don't do this.

That guy who picked up the box to see if it was a bomb - he checks to see if there are scorpions in his boots by sticking his hand inside.

Comment

Must have been somebody from military intelligence... probably a government spook...one of those three letter branches that evaporate money and accomplish nothing...
                    Patrick & Tammy
                    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                      military intelligence
                      Four years in the military, and I never encountered such a thing. I did see jumbo shrimp though.
                      "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Heard a similar story the other day about a patrol stopping because they thought they saw an IED...LT hopped out of the truck, picked it up, put it in the bed of his HMMWV. Was gonna take it back to base to have it properly ID'd.

dun dun dun...another one bites the dust...and another one gone, another one gone...
                        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by Orange95Z View Post
                          Four years in the military, and I never encountered such a thing. I did see jumbo shrimp though.
                          What about a minimal hurricane? That's a good one too.

Comment

Ever watch The Hurt Locker?

The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Working...
                            X