Do You Dodge Squirrels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Dodge Squirrels?

Matt and I are having a hilarious exchange on PM's.

Which leads to this:

Do you brake or dodge for squirrels in the road?
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Depends - I really like his 55
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

NO! They change their mind more than most women.
      "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

me too; i like his 55 also...
        BTW Matt, we men change our minds quite often too... we just won't admit to it...
        Last edited by silver_bullet; March 4, 2013, 06:17 PM.
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

HHhahahAH!!! No, the acrobatic rats with furry tails.

I'm saying the game will be different for me when we get the brake duct kit put on. One of those little bastards might just take out the brake hose if I don't miss him.
          Last edited by pdub; March 4, 2013, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Swerving to avoid small animals is a good way to wreck your junk.
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Brake in light traffic, send flowers to its next of kin in heavy traffic.
              Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                Depends - I really like his 55
                Hanging curve ball right there.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by nesabo View Post
                  Brake in light traffic, send flowers to its next of kin in heavy traffic.
                  You forgot to put flowers and a cross on the side of the road where you hit the tree rat.
                  OH YEAH
                  Long haul 07. 08. 10, 11, and 13. Looking forward to 2014

Comment

Originally posted by hoofhearted View Post
                    You forgot to put flowers and a cross on the side of the road where you hit the tree rat.
                    Well, Matt pointed out that the disease-infested thing can't take out the brake cooling hose if you squish it with a 10-inch wide tire. But at the same time Matt so aptly pointed out that the thing is so quick and changes its mind of direction more than a woman, so....what do you do?

Comment

Stay the course. Like it's on auto pilot.

And yes Patrick, I do change my mind on occasion, but it is well thought out. Not those of the variety of this dress doesn't match whatever and I'm going to have to...
                      Last edited by Pumpkin; March 4, 2013, 06:37 PM.

Matt

Comment

better the squirrel carcass rather than the ditch...
                        Patrick & Tammy
                        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

When I was 16 I almost wrecked a car going after one, not 30 ft from my driveway. Loose gravel, oops. Didn't even get the bastard.

But yeah, trying to avoid small animals is a good way to wrap your car around a tree.

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                            better the squirrel carcass rather than the ditch...

but but but.....that little chirping overbite-looking sumbitch will take my brake cooling hose out if I if miss him with the wheel. He'll be laughing all the way to Squirrel Heaven and I can't sue him for the value of that brake hose, and that stuff's about 75 dollars a foot, per the price of the kit.

Comment

Hit the brakes or swerve gently if traffic allows for such maneuvers.Never both. Mainly I hate the sound. I swerved for a turtle in the road one time between Liberty and Sommerset , Ky. Bolt from one of the exhaust clamps caught it in the shell. Then banged it under the car till it exited the back.Was sickening.I think Squirrels are cute. Man I'm sounding like a girl.
                              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                              X