How to kill an internet troll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to kill an internet troll

There is a simple way to get rid rid of a troll on a forum if the moderators dont feel the need. Starve them.

Trolls like to eat shit, they feed on it. The more shit the better. They get it by posting childish, pointless threads meant to make others annoyed and angry. Those people post their responses trying to tell them they are idiots, narrow minded, and other less flattering names. The exact things that trolls live for, wish for, and beg for more. They gobble up the shit tossed their way like an eight year old inhales Halloween candy. They live for it.

The simple solution is to stop feeding the troll with responses and opinions. Simply dont give him the candy crap he craves. When they are no longer a revalent person on the net because no one cares about their long winded, drivel spewing posts, they go away.

The hard part is for others on the forum to swallow their pride, keep their ego in their shorts, and go on with the thread like the troll's posts are not even there. Many people can't do that. If they hate his crap, why do they continue to feed him more? Trolls know most cant do this and laugh at those who can't let it go. One last thing, not responding to troll's stupid posts does not make him right.

Stop feeding the trolls.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

I do my part......trolls want post count.
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

this place is greatness compared to where I have been.

I look at it like real world. long winded is frustrated over something not getting done...its all their own.

being in my locale, stuff and routines get delayed even today..been 13 years.

this means good posts, I may not get too. there is an opposite to troll..good people who barely have the net.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
        I do my part......trolls want post count.
        It is not about post count. It is about pushing buttons and causing conflict.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Sorry I will be quiet!
          Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

me too
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

I have shamed myself (in Antonio Banderas voice)

I shall do better.

Thank you Scott.
              Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                I have shamed myself (in Antonio Banderas voice)

I shall do better.

Thank you Scott.

No Stiney, I won't allow that. You cannot take a bullet for me. Don't do that, I won't let you.

It is me. I've never been a car guy anyhow. Until recently, and then only a little bit. It's me.
                Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

And look at your post count^^^^^^^^^LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclone03 View Post
                    And look at your post count^^^^^^^^^LOL!
                    That's what I'm sayin.'

Well, never mind, I've gotta go to bed. Didn't cause much trouble here tonight I don't think. Not that I know of at least.
                    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Dont EVER leave PeeWee,your a staple here.....

Comment

Since I don't carry grudges and want to get along with alll, I seriously have no clue who your talking about. And I'm O.K. with that.
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Are we talking about that pompous jackass that does nothing but tear other people apart and put them down for working on their junk? Has some sociopathic grudge against anything GM? Claims cross-brand engine swaps ruins cars even though he's a member of a forum where that's a normal every-day thing? Wanders into other people's project threads to tell them their efforts will result in a car that's a POS? Yet all he has shown us is that he can open his checkbook and buy a new car? Took it 'racing' on drag-week and drove it slowly...

Don't know who you're talking about. Nope.

Know what, I'm going to buy a brand new Honda Civic hybrid, go join the HAMB and post about how everyone is ruining their cars by hot rodding them. I'm sure it will go over well.

Popcorn...need some popcorn here!

1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
                          1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by 1970camaroRS View Post
                            Are we talking about that pompous jackass that does nothing but tear other people apart and put them down for working on their junk? Has some sociopathic grudge against anything GM? Claims cross-brand engine swaps ruins cars even though he's a member of a forum where that's a normal every-day thing? Wanders into other people's project threads to tell them their efforts will result in a car that's a POS? Yet all he has shown us is that he can open his checkbook and buy a new car? Took it 'racing' on drag-week and drove it slowly...

Don't know who you're talking about. Nope.
                            Hee hee...I knew who he was talking about after the first post, but I like the way you stated it.
                            Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

^^^^^^ WHO?^^^^^?

No really, i'm clueless. someone please clue me in. I'm too stupid to get inuendo...really. name names...... c'mon...

i feel so left out..... sniff, sniff.
                              Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Working...
                              X