No announcement yet.

50th Detroit Autorama. Who's going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got back to the hotel, went to the Henry Ford museum this am waiting for the Autorama to open, took lots of pics at both places but no way to do anything with them until I get home Monday. Stopping in Rochester NY on the way home Sunday to pick up a NOS 1971 Amen Chopper frame, tank and fender from a friend that needs paint.
    I'm wearing a Comp Cams hooded sweatshirt and a Yankees hat. I'll keep an eye out for BS shirts!

Comment

Leaving from buffalo new York with a group of people at midnight should be there Saturday morning. First time going to this show
      Last edited by nplewniak; March 8, 2013, 08:15 PM.

Comment

we will be there for a few hours on Saturday morning, having just moved yesterday -I'm not sure I know where my BS shirt is -but I'll try to find it - just look for an ugly guy with long side burns....LOL
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I could probably make it, what time will you be there John?
          Busted down to regular Bangshifter

Comment

I started a new thread with a link to my blog with Autorama show coverage, so it will catch the attention of those not necessarily planning on going. Figured I'd share it here as well. Hope to meet a few of you in the morning. I'll be there from about 9 am-3pm or later. Now, time to get some sleep.

2013 Detroit Autorama Show Coverage
            Motor City Muscle

Comment

Saw one BS' er with BS shirt on, long sleeve red shirt underneath. You were busy on the phone at the Lingenfelter display. Who were ya?
              Motor City Muscle

Comment

I was there today, rocking hangover and all! Didn't see any other BSers. But hell my brain hurt and I had a camera stuck to my face.

Comment

Wall-to-Wall Coverage of the 2013 Detroit Autorama at Mac's Motor City Garage -- multiple features:

Autorama preview:

MCG Photo Essay: all the Ridler Award winners from 1964-2012

The 2013 Pirelli Great 8 finalists

Main floor coverage

Stay tuned for more, including the Autorama Extreme basement show and the big Ridler announcement on Sunday evening...

Serious gearhead? Visit----> Mac's Motor City Garage.com

Comment

And here's a big photo feature on Autorama Extreme, aka the basement show:

Serious gearhead? Visit----> Mac's Motor City Garage.com

Comment

I almost went , but after a disappointing week , working on a hopefull great 8 car, all week till 4 am, only to find out another "BIG NAME " shop bent the valves. I stayed home.
                      Reading , Pa
                      Good Guys rodders rep.
                      "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                      Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Originally posted by Supersport350 View Post
                        Saw one BS' er with BS shirt on, long sleeve red shirt underneath. You were busy on the phone at the Lingenfelter display. Who were ya?
                        That was milner351, I bumped in to him (and someone else whose name escapes me at the moment). Great show, I hadn't been down since 2009. I have some pics to unload from my camera and get posted up, will try to do so Monday night.

cheers
                        Ed
                        Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                        07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                        88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Met Mike Copeland, another BS' er the second day, working the Lingenfelter display.
                          Motor City Muscle

Comment

Supersport -
                            I'm from SE MI (Ann Arbor mostly) and retired down here to get away from the snow and cold. Know The Henry Ford well! Certainly a good thought. Or maybe dinner in Greektown? Lots of options.

I mentioned South Lyon because that's where the Grandboys are located. We stay in A2 and are pretty mobile. ME is still working out dates.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Supersport350 View Post
                              That was me - we only had a few hours to spend there, we're in the middle of moving - my wife probably called me 4 times in the 4 hours we were there. It was nice to get caught up with Mike (Lingenfelter) and Carl (55 chevy) and see some of the cars - but it's easy to slip into sensory overload.

The quality and sheer number of cars is simply overwhelming.

There's more time spent smoothing the chassis of most of the real show cars than I've ever spent on an entire car.
                              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Sensory overload indeed. I was there 10 hrs on saturday, and was tired and aching when I left. I could honestly easily spend a full day there, from open to close. Its so easy to get to talking with car owners and venders. I can appreciate the Ridler cars, yet after all these years, I still question the point of smoothing and painting the underside of a car. Especially a car that rides on air bag suspension and will spend most of its parked life slammed on the ground. I love to look at them, but never had the desire to own a 1:1 scale model.
                                Motor City Muscle

Comment

Working...
                                X