50th Detroit Autorama. Who's going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50th Detroit Autorama. Who's going?

Left this morning with a group of friends, stopping a few places on the way, first up is 1945 Speed Shop in Troy NY.

I wish I could, there is one car in particular I would like to see in its finished state!
    Nick Smithberg
    www.smithbergracing.com

Comment

Andy - Is that you? Been missing you.

Can't make it. MEs going to MI at the end of the month but I'll need to wait for warmer weather.

Dan

Comment

Wish I was, working out of town...damn

Comment

Nick, I know which one you are thinking about................

Comment

Its actually the 61st year of the show. Its the 50th anniversary of the infamous Ridler award. I will be there Friday and Saturday, when the doors open.
            Motor City Muscle

Comment

VTjunk,

I will wear a black bangshift shirt both days, keep an eye out!
              Motor City Muscle

Comment

1Y on here will be there, his name is Justin, im sure he'll be wearing some BS gear
                Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

I will be there with my buddy Stu for Saturday morning / early afternoon. Hopefully I remember to wear my BS shirt as well, so that we can spot each other if we happen to pass by.

cheers
                  Ed
                  Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                  07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                  88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Ed - How far is Caledon from DEE Troit? We'll be in the Detroit area (South Lyon actually) this summer and it would be fun to do a MI get-together with as many as possible. I don't have dates yet.

Dan

Comment

If you do go and don't take lots and lots of pictures I will have my witch doctor curse you to have it snow on you on the 4th of July.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Thanks to BOOGHAR here's the first photo of Ron Cizek's 40 Ford. Bangshifters make sure to drop by and say hello to the gang from Omaha! This build going for the Ridler Award. Built by Bob Thrash, Andy Leach, Charlie Hutton and a large cast of local and national artists and craftsmen. Flathead ford with a bitchin' roots blower, huge cam, runs Megasquirt tuned by me, I am stoked no matter how it finishes, this car is awesome!

Last edited by dieselgeek; March 7, 2013, 09:47 PM.
                        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Danstokes,

South Lyon is a distant suburb, probably 45 min by freeway. I have to suggest Henry Ford Museum as a must see. Aside from the Smithsonian, it is the best collection of American history, with an extremely strong concentration on things mechanical. There are 75-80 car shows a week in metro Detroit, excluding the large/once a year shows, so I'm sure we could make something happen.
                          Motor City Muscle

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                            Ed - How far is Caledon from DEE Troit? We'll be in the Detroit area (South Lyon actually) this summer and it would be fun to do a MI get-together with as many as possible. I don't have dates yet.

Dan
                            Dan, I'm about 4 hours away roughly, since I am in the Toronto area. Stu and I are heading down to Windsor tonight to stay over, then zip across the border in the morning.

I'd be up for a Michigan gathering if it didn't conflict with other stuff of course. I am doing a bit of Chumpcar racing with some friends this year, they want to do 4 or 5 events. Keep us posted when you get some possible dates!

cheers
                            Ed
                            Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                            07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                            88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Just got home from Autorama, took 400+ pictures. I'm uploading them now, hope to have them on my blog and available for view later tonight. I will be sure to post a link when I do. As always, the show was amazing! Didn't run into any BS'ers today, though I will admit, day 1 of my visit is concentrating on the camera. Day 2 I relax a bit, enjoy the cars more, and buy all the junk I really don't need. Hopefully tomorrow I will bump into a few of you. I'll have my BS shirt on, and am a bald white guy with a beard, so keep an eye out.
                              Motor City Muscle

Comment

Working...
                              X