Faster Than A Redneck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faster Than A Redneck

It's on the Speed Channel right now. Kershaw SC. So they say, that's the closest place, it's really not anywhere with a name, not where it sits.

I can't pay attention to the cars or the talk and the hype, or whatever.

That's where we used to fly RC airplanes. That's where we flew, that open area. They built that track and we couldn't fly there anymore.

The camera pans around, yeah, that's the place. I can even recognize particular trees. That's the pine tree where Yank crashed his Super Scale plane flying upside down with his ex-wife's video camera on board.

They've planted trees in the infield. That's different. Those trees didn't used to be there.

That's weird. I've been there. Many many times, before it was a race track. Flying RC airplanes.

That's just weird to see.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

I hang out some at pro-touring .com . The guys come from there and most of the cars have been in Popular Hot Rodding magazine so it's kind of fun for me to watch and see what these cars will do.
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Let me rephrase that, I'm a lurker over there.:-)
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
        Let me rephrase that, I'm a lurker over there.:-)
        Lurking is not all that bad. I questioned it here before, but I can understand lurking. I do it myself (here).

RE the fast rednecks show, my brain's stuck on that location. That was actually the Kershaw "airport," a grass runway of sorts, small planes would land there, no facilities. Just an open area.

It's between Kershaw and Camden. Kershaw is closer, but it's nowhere, where they built that track (on our old flying place).

Kershaw is a nearly fascinating place, about as Southern as you can get. The home of festival parking. When you get where you're going, turn the car off. They've got stripes in the parking lots, but they don't mean anything. Nobody pays them any attention.

And meet a friend on the main drag? Just stop right there, door-to-door and have a great long conversation. If you're trying to get through there, it's like being stopped behind a school bus with the red lights flashing. This'll take a while.

Turn signals are against the law in Kershaw. Festival driving as well as festival parking. Just do what you wanna do, as long as you do it slow.

Comment

I think the show should be "Are you faster than a Moonshiner", that would be interesting to see.
          Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
          The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
            I think the show should be "Are you faster than a Moonshiner", that would be interesting to see.
            Hmmmmm....that WOULD be great Dave. That's how NASCAR started, before money got involved.

Comment

yeah, I'd like to see em race with a load of shine... bust em for broken jars...
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

I'd like to see them run moonshine... Wonder what they would do if a farmer from the great plains came out and whupped em with homemade vodka. Guess I better build a car that turns eh?

Comment

better than the shopping mall that sits where we used to fly.
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Or the industrial park on top of Detroit Dragway. I don't think the industrial park prospered so they would have been better off to leave the Dragway there.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
                      I'd like to see them run moonshine... Wonder what they would do if a farmer from the great plains came out and whupped em with homemade vodka. Guess I better build a car that turns eh?
                      if you run in the northern plains, trust me, your car turns...
                      Patrick & Tammy
                      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

It's much better on mute. I hate the "redneck stereotype" they do have some strange pairings. Nissen GTR vs a camaro?
                        used to be purplecobra, now just myself. I still drive a mustang!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Whalen View Post
                          It's much better on mute. I hate the "redneck stereotype" they do have some strange pairings. Nissen GTR vs a camaro?
                          After the one ride I've had in a GTR, driven by a guy who knew what to do with it....if I get rich that's my track car.

You don't even have to do anything to it, except put gas in it.

Comment

Working...
                          X