Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car Craft Summer Nationals...worth going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Craft Summer Nationals...worth going?

I've been an on-and-off subscriber of Car Craft, and been debating about wanting to go to the event at least one year. I got to thinking, after discussing with my boss about a trp I need to take out to wisconsin for work related training.

SO...enter the idea:
    Hey bossman. Thinking of taking a weekend trip up to Minnesota. You want me to get training in Wisconsin for 1-2 days.
    I can simply swing after my weekend to Minneapolis and drive over to Wisconsin and get in my business.

Bossman:
    OK, I'll cover 2 nights, and pay your milage there and back.

Hmm. Get paid to take the GTS to a car show {Well, around 1,000 miles out of around 1800 miles}.

My boss is perfectly cool with the idea.

So, question begs, thing the CC Summer nationals are worth going?

I was taking a peek around on the board, and not, um, exactly inspired to even want to post there...I realize it's CC, but always figured the show was half way decent.

I've also made the trek from Omaha to Minneapolis in around 4 1/2 hours but I think I'll cruise at a normal speed this go around...
    Andrew
    1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
    2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Yes Andrew CC Nats St. Paul is worth going atleast once. Miss Car Craft contest, Burnout contest, Autocross and huge car show. You will enjoy it!!
    200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
    Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

I have gone for as long as I have had a car or truck to go... its fun, but gets long after the third day... pace your self, have fun, find someone with a truck that you can junp in the back and power tour with, see aloyt more and less walking = winning.

Comment

I have thought about going to it also. where would be a good hotel to stay at?
        Racing Solves Everything

Comment

Thanks Phil. Been wondering.
          I've got the time set off, and so does the wife.

While we are missing powertour this year, we are looking forward to a couple smaller trips.
          I was wondering that myself on the hotels.

I used to work for a company out in Eden Prairie {suburb} and that seemed to be a decent area. I know I need to get my rooms booked. Part of me thinks I just need to book at the hotels suggested by the Family events site, but me being the ever lasting cheap ass at times doesn't help.

Steve-
          Let me know what you find, if you decide to roll there. Oh, and make sure you pack a can of bug spray. the insects in Minnesota SUCK.
          Andrew

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

one nice thing is I am up in maple grove(northwest suburb) and the cruise in is nice... I would look for deals and then check the neighborhoods... lol... If you want any help let me know...

Comment

I still have not booked any hotels yet *bang head here*
              Andrew

Comment

I wish I could go. I could bunk out at one of my cousin's places. Steal my cousin's 78 Camaro with a 550 hp 406 and drive it to the show.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I've gone the last 2 years, it's a good time. A friend of mine who's been going for years said it best. "For every 1 nice car there are 5 POS's there". You will see just about anything and everything, I call it the closest thing to the old Du Quion, IL Street Machine nats there is.

Hotel wise, we stayed to the south, near the Mall of America as the females on the trip took the free shuttle to the mall and my brother/I drove 20 minutes to the event.

We are skipping this year to hit the Woodward Dream Cruise.
                  GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

go

Comment

Working...
                    X