No announcement yet.

Congrats to dieselgeek...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andy Leach and Bob Thrash both spent alot of time with me sharing details of the build and showing off what they did. The craftsmanship and detail is INSANE. I cannot amount to tell everything that I saw and got to talk about but I hope you guys get a chance to see the car in person. There are so many neat things done to the car an average person wouldn't catch the majority of it unless it was pointed out.

Check out their website at http://www.calautocreations.com
    Nick Smithberg
    www.smithbergracing.com

Comment

congrats DG!!
      COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Kick ass DG!
        I'm probably wrong

Comment

That gauge cluster is unreal. Good job to all involved. Killer ride.
          Still plays with trucks....

Comment

It's amazingly lucky that we have guys of Scott and Nick's caliber on here. Some of us are just backyard hacks and some of us are real pros. Thanks guys for sharing your skills and letting us live vicariously thru your adventures.

I'm sorry Scott and Alex don't see eye to eye and I guess they never will. Oil and water. In my fantasy world everyone would like each other but that IS Fantasyland.

Dan

Comment

the level of build quality is unparalleled - we are indeed blessed to have the real deal guys here to associate with.

I can not imagine the cubic dollars and cubic hours required to build a vehicle of this quality. The sheer man hours involved in one of these builds boggles my feeble brain.
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

The car has 12, 700 manhours in three years of building.
                www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

The fact that that number was tracked shows the organizational ability of the folks involved far exceeds mine.
                  Well done Scott, Nick, and all those involved.
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                    The fact that that number was tracked shows the organizational ability of the folks involved far exceeds mine.
                    Well done Scott, Nick, and all those involved.
                    In my IT career, I've observed truly great Project Management/Leadership on large projects... what's funny here is, these guys are working at the same level of project management skills as those top dog executives. Managing vendors (CNC guys, paint guys) and projects that require timeslots with the car where others can't be working on it, is in my opinion the real thing that separates these guys from us average joes.

I only got called because they needed it to run, now, with no dicking around. I got minimal time with the car, but was given the resources necessary to do whatever I thought was needed (a nice touch, being trusted professionally when these guys don't know me from Adam). I am good at getting EFI running quickly with minimal fuss. Am I the Charley Hutton of EFI? no way.

And it's not like a head and cam swap where someone brags they're going to do it in a weekend, and then take longer than Noah did to build an Ark. At this level, you have to be able to know what you are capable of doing, get it done, then get the hell out of the way for the next guy to do his allotted task. I enjoyed the job but it was a little more high pressure than what I am accustomed to.
                    Last edited by dieselgeek; March 11, 2013, 07:50 AM.
                    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
                      , you have to be able to know what you are capable of doing, get it done, then get the hell out of the way for the next guy to do his allotted task.
                      Sometimes a slot comes along, you step in to fill it, and blammo, you've helped make something great. Helps make up for some of the other stuff we step into! Congrats.

Comment

beyond all the coolness of working on that car, the thing that excites me(not sure why??) is that there is a high end build shop, who now knows they have a local guy(well, a couple of local guys) that they can turn to with problems that need solved.

that kind of networking is fracking HUGE. seriously huge. the biggest bummer of the whole deal to me is, this is the kind of thing that gets a guy away from tuning for pizza and beer...
                        Charles

Comment

Nice work guys -
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by 1badmonkey View Post
                            the biggest bummer of the whole deal to me is, this is the kind of thing that gets a guy away from tuning for pizza and beer...
                            I think Scott realizes he's still just a snot nose kid

;)
                            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Scott and Nick this is what happens when you make yourself available. You both are getting in on a lot of stuff and it will only get better. Your under the "I know a guy" on a lot of peoples phones.
                              2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                              First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                              2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                              2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Hey Scott, sorry about my previous post, was dealing with an impacted tooth yesterday and I unjustly took my pain out on you.......

For what it's worth, Congrats..........

Comment

Working...
                                X