Congrats to dieselgeek...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to dieselgeek...

for being part of the 2013 Ridler Award.

Last edited by Schtauffer; March 10, 2013, 05:08 PM.
    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Congrat!!
    Way to go!

Comment

I second that. Dieselgeek is the greatest. He has helped me many times.

Comment

Just saw his posting on Facebook
        Good stuff
        Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Way to go! Now I know two guys who've worked on Ridler winners....
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

congrats, and that car is beautiful.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

The car is nothing short of amazing. Congrats Geek on the tune!
              Nick Smithberg
              www.smithbergracing.com

Comment

Excellent!! Will this car be at World of Wheels in Omaha next weekend??
                200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Wow! Congrats and sharp car!

Comment

Yes, congrats to Mr.Geek and also to Bossman. I think he had a hand in there also?

Comment

Thanks you guys!

4 weeks ago I got a message about a request on Facebook, Bob Thrash posted on DIYAutotune's page "looking for a Megasquirt tuner to fly into Omaha, NE ASAP" - I live 15 minutes from Omaha but had no idea who Bob Thrash was, so I went to their garage and was blown away with the level of craftsmanship oozing from this place practically in my back yard.

They had a short timeline to get this engine running on EFI, and they intended to use a race-only EFI throttle body from Fran Olson - I called Nick to come check out this car and maybe help me with the throttle body which I knew would not idle or run very good (and this car has to pass a simple test of proving it runs and drives, so it needs manners). Nick drew up a modification to the TB to make it easier to tune. TJ Zessin form Atomic Machine (Lincoln, NE) made the modded blockoff plate and new throttle blade from nick's drawing in about 2 hours.

The level of detail and craftsmanship in this car is crazy. I have now seen it all! The electronics package makes a Bugatti look like a Dodge Neon. You start the car using capacitive touch buttons on the console, or you can start it with the hidden touchscreen in the dash (door folds down with press of one of the five buttons on the console). Everything on this car works as intended, it's NOT junk / fake / mockup.

We got to work with some real greats in that industry and I am humbled. Charley Hutton is an awesome painter. Bob Thrash's concept drawings and fabrication skills are, crazy. And they are all nice guys.

Here's a video I took of running the engine with the Autostart electronics after Nick's mods to the TB:

The most expensive car in history to run a Megasquirt EFI system. This show car runs like a champ!!
                      Last edited by dieselgeek; March 10, 2013, 07:00 PM.
                      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I'm sorry that I got to upset this sausage fest, but your giving a guy props for a car getting a Riddler's award, when the car isn't even judged on performance or the way it runs(other than it has to run)....... I guess Jesus down at the tire shop should get props for mounting the tires and Juan down at the Chromer's should get props for all the chroming he did on the car....... And don't forget Puablo for the beautiful paint job and Edwardo for the interior work.......... And at that are any of these guys names on the Award??

I know I'm being harsh, but I feel when you try to Credit someone that had a very minor roll in that car becoming a success and try to give him HUGE credit for it winning...., I find that simply quite offensive to the rest of the people that really did the work to make that car a winner...... Pressing buttons on a laptop didn't get that car the Award........

But hey good job at getting it to idle into the Show......... It's got to be some of your finer work.......

God, sometimes the nut hugging around here just makes me want to puke......

Comment

^^^ That guy.
                          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                            I'm sorry that I got to upset this sausage fest, but your giving a guy props for a car getting a Riddler's award, when the car isn't even judged on performance or the way it runs(other than it has to run)....... I guess Jesus down at the tire shop should get props for mounting the tires and Juan down at the Chromer's should get props for all the chroming he did on the car....... And don't forget Puablo for the beautiful paint job and Edwardo for the interior work.......... And at that are any of these guys names on the Award??

I know I'm being harsh, but I feel when you try to Credit someone that had a very minor roll in that car becoming a success and try to give him HUGE credit for it winning...., I find that simply quite offensive to the rest of the people that really did the work to make that car a winner...... Pressing buttons on a laptop didn't get that car the Award........

But hey good job at getting it to idle into the Show......... It's got to be some of your finer work.......

God, sometimes the nut hugging around here just makes me want to puke......

OH GEEZ! I guess this should have been expected!
                            sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

I blame Schtauffer for this Good job DG.......looks like a really sweet ride. Where can I find detailed pictures on the internet.

Comment

Working...
                              X