No announcement yet.

Question for guys who ride motorcycles.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Question for guys who ride motorcycles.

You're a wise man, Todd. Having it made is one thing - KNOWING you have it made is another. And more than that, you've earned it and deserve it. And I'm not just suckin' up - I don't even own a bike that needs to get thru tech!

See you soon
    Dan

Comment

Todd you can plan on making our pit your home base.... and run from there...we'll get you around if you hang with us... Bring Sun Block...

K

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle
        I know that you know but not everyone knows... Ahh.. Nevermind... Yes, sorry, I'm not trying to come off as a "know it all".

I like the period hot rods scooters too - the Eleven's have a bit of a cult following. I've always liked their looks, they are timeless. The V-max is awesome, but a unique look that wasn't for me. I like the inline look better than the V's. Obviously I'm biased by looks. There's a bit of history behind that.

I had a CBR1100xx that God took care of for me - seems he didn't want me to have it. Somebody stole it then wadded it up by hitting a Cow. Very nice hp/lb ratio on that one. Pretty comfy really. I replaced it with a CBR600F4 - nice also, but I missed the torque, and it was not really comfortable. Then decided I didn't have the discipline to own a crotch rocket at just over 130 mph on the way to work. They are mucho fun to grab a few gears on. I sold it in the interest of attaining old age. So, now I'm on a "looks" kick.

I have a Sportster still that I'm pretty sure I was too drunk to have written the check for when it was purchased. To this day I don't know what I was thinking. It looks and rides like... a Sportster. At least it's a 1200. I have a hard time suggesting one. I'm thinking about bobbing the hell out of it. I like the bobber look.

Anyway, yeah, those are killer scoots you are suggesting.

OOH!

How about a CBX?

Comment

Those 6 cylinder things just looked plan wicked (I don't even know what cc they were. ) I like big bikes now although I haven't gotten one yet (just sold the 650 maxim that I never road Oh well made so money on it) because if I get hit by another car ,it going to leave a lot bigger dent than the 250 on/off road that I was on . A Harley really looks and sounds the hot rod part but as mentioned to me friday,If they made an airplane,would you fly in it?

Comment

ahhh I love wierd stuff like the CBX... but it's also got to be GOOD... and it was so dang big and heavy it wasn't much good at anything.. other then being BIG and Ugly...

Buddy tried to give me one of those... couple of years ago before I got heavy into scooters again... turned it down cold... cause I didn't have 2 of them...

K

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierGTA
              Those 6 cylinder things just looked plan wicked (I don't even know what cc they were. ) I like big bikes now although I haven't gotten one yet (just sold the 650 maxim that I never road Oh well made so money on it) because if I get hit by another car ,it going to leave a lot bigger dent than the 250 on/off road that I was on . A Harley really looks and sounds the hot rod part but as mentioned to me friday,If they made an airplane,would you fly in it?
              Originally they were 1000cc, then 1100cc.

They were quick, and responded well to mods, some guys have even turbo'd em.

Comment

Min -
                I think I've mentioned this here before, but the Honda dealer here in Wilmington had a brand new silver one on the floor. It's for sale, but he wants a TON of money for it. Evidently, he bought it to have as a floor display, and it never left. It's sitting there with zero miles.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle
                  x2 on the XS. I think the 750 was a triple though... to me, the twins just look right.
                  Yeah, whatever I end up with, it will be a twin.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk
                    Todd you can plan on making our pit your home base.... and run from there...we'll get you around if you hang with us... Bring Sun Block...
                    K
                    Thanks Keith, that means alot to us! You know, I have been looking forward to this for a very long time but the part I never really thought of as a kid or actually until just here lately(like just aminute ago)... is that I would get to be out there with my wife and seasoned friends that I already have.
                    This is really big to me,
                    Todd

Comment

Working...
                    X