This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can we help build this forum?

I see an average of 100 or less viewing General Discussion at any given time. Seems awful low to me. I've told several friends about this. What else can we do? Discuss
    STUGOTS

support the Sponsors. Buy the swag and wear it.
    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Groucho, I am with you. I'd really like to see the forum grow. I kinda lost interest in it for awhile as there was way too much bickering and arguing going on. I am all for some friendly jabs and fun, but it seemed to get outta hand for awhile. As such, I treated the forum as I would any other show of drama (read: Jerry Springer) and I change the channel. I poke my head back in from time to time to see what's going on, and if I dig it, I stick around for awhile. I am sure there are other folks who act similarly.

Ron
      It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

I hang out on a car forum to view/discuss car related stuff.

In the General Discussion area........which I know is supposed
        to be open .....sometimes goes into dribble nonsense overload.....which
        turns me into lurking status.

Just my two cents.
        Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Peewee got us off-track..... (kidding).

But, yes - I do find this place kind of boring the last 6 months.
          Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

You're right, it has been boring for the last 6 months but I still pop in and out all the time anyway. I think as the Weather gets better and more of us get out and start doing things and reporting on events we went to it should get more interesting, here again just my 2 cents. Any other ideas?
            sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Originally posted by nesabo View Post
              support the Sponsors. Buy the swag and wear it.
              Maybe someone will sponsor ME? I go to a LOT of car events. March Meet last weekend, Pomona swap both days the weekend before, auction 3 days in Palm Springs the weekend before, 250 mile round trip for a car show in Indian Wells before that.......................send me the swag. LOL. Seriously thou, I'm all over the place, gimme stuff to wear. Too cheap to buy. haha
              Last edited by groucho; March 11, 2013, 12:10 PM.
              STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post

But, yes - I do find this place kind of boring the last 6 months.
                We need more CAR STUFF! Not just here look at my shiny new widget, but hardcore getting out and beating the snot out of it and building crazy wild death machines that make passersby defecate uncontrollably in fear.

For me, that means I need less snow and warmer than 40F temps.

Comment

forums go with the real world.

the last six months and america.

have you been here.

this feels good. I really close my eyes to listen.

Last edited by Barry Donovan; March 11, 2013, 12:26 PM.
                  Previously boxer3main
                  the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Might just be my perception of things, but it seems that the car stuff that does get posted is largely ignored.

Now when the drama start, everyone and their brother show up and chime in.

Probably just the lifespan of boards, I've seen it in other boards.

Things start out with a bang, get real interesting, trolls are drawn to the level of activity, and then the movers-n-shakers leave or lurk because of the drama.
                    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

I tell people I would like to be a member out BS. Of course there are other people I don't. I've been trying to get the owner of Street or Track over here. While he's mostly into the Mustang stuff, he's still a pretty smart guy who's a lot of fun. I've left BS cards on windshields.
                      Tom
                      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Its that time of year, be careful what you wish for. The Trolls are a big % of what join up, some will just run people off or already have. The live feeds are a good promotion for the site.
                        2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                        First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                        2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                        2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
                          No, that's all fair, I did just that. How long was I here before I even had a car? I even tried to quit a time or ten, even DID quit one time for that very reason, but Neal (and some others) "made" me come back.

Yeah, I hose up this place with my drivel. But it's just my kind of fun, and it seems to be generally accepted.

Up front, "Anything but Politics and Religion," that's what I bought into. And most everybody here is so smart and funny I just enjoy this branch way too much. I rarely hit the other ones because I'm not so into the technical details (I'm car-dumb) and I wouldn't have anything much to contribute. And the stuff is so far over my head I can't even go there to "learn."

It's almost like cars leak into this branch, I know I can ask a car question and you guys will be all over it. And I know who's here, that's what I comfortable with. I've been corrected a time or two, like that should be a project thread. Yep, it should have been. There's a branch for that already.

The index shows lots of branch subjects that are targeted at this and that, a heap of car stuff.

I've played my role in changing the subject her a thousand times, but it's nearly innocent in that I thought General Discussion should be just that. How to grow the General Discussion branch? I dunno. I've grown it by a few thousand posts, maybe they weren't the right ones.

I'm slow, maybe I'm not really digesting the question as posed.....

Your Resident Regular General Discussion Troublemaker,

pdub
                          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I have a number of friends who are not active participants here. However, they were glued to the feed for the March Meet.
                            I'm still learning

Comment

Take a camera with you wherever you go. If you think something's cool, take a pic and share it.

Start threads about things that interest you. If it's not car related, give some background on it and why you're interested in it. Helps others relate. There is some serious talent lurking around here and it's not just confined to cars.

If you go to races, shows, swapmeets, cruises, whatever, take pictures and share. Not everyone can take pics like Booghar and some of the other pro level guys here, it's still cool to see what's going on in your corner of the world though.

Go for a drive. Take pictures.

We know what we've got to do, we just gotta get out and do it. Warmer weather on the way should help.

EDIT: Did I mention taking pictures and sharing them?
                              Last edited by tedly; March 11, 2013, 01:16 PM.
                              I'm probably wrong

Comment

Working...
                              X