What if?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if?

I bought a MB Jeep for $300, put an diesel isuzu/perkins/tiny cat motor in it ($900), a 5 speed Aisin transmission (own) with 4:1 low range Hummer transfer case (own), toyota axles with 5:38 gears and lockers (free)....

some say I have too many projects already ..... what say you?
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; March 12, 2013, 09:45 AM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

I'd say are you picking up that Jeep tonight? Or is it already on the trailer?

If not it should be. No $300 Jeep in any kind of shape would get out of my sights....the plans are just delectable gravy on some finely mashed taters.
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Aren't you "supposed to" be putting together "Honeydew", the Spyder?
      I'd say you need a new hole in your head... But you are you... GO FOR IT!

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
        Aren't you "supposed to" be putting together "Honeydew", the Spyder?
        I'd say you need a new hole in your head... But you are you... GO FOR IT!
        no one said I wasn't working on her car...

and I'm already irritated at you... all those tri-5s in your shed.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; March 12, 2013, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
          no one said I wasn't working on her car...

and I'm already irritated at you... all those tri-5s in your shed.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
          Huh? I only got one 57...
          I do have a 40 Chev , 64 Riv, 52 Chev dump bed truck, 41 Dodge flat fender, 51 Dodge, a couple 78 Trans Am parts cars, 3Luvs...that is the non derby stuff.. 59 merc and 57 ford wagon are derby cars as well as a caddy, new yorker and 60 ford

Comment

what diesel are you going to get for $900? There's brand spankin new perkins turbo diesels at surpluscenter.com - but they're more like $6 grand.

As long as you've done the power train matching calcs and the rpms with your tire size works for the engine rpm range....

So - where are the pics?
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
              what diesel are you going to get for $900? There's brand spankin new perkins turbo diesels at surpluscenter.com - but they're more like $6 grand.

As long as you've done the power train matching calcs and the rpms with your tire size works for the engine rpm range....

So - where are the pics?
              I should have all the parts tonight... yeah, this has been in the planning for awhile - I started looking at side-by-sides and quickly realized I could do a lot better, for a whole lot less money. My plan for this thing is SAR related - haul it to the PLS (point last seen) and use it like an ATV. And the motor is new... do you remember the picture of the Jeep I posted (the crossed-up one)? this will have the same suspension.
              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; March 12, 2013, 11:23 AM.

Comment

so this mosheen will have a top speed of like 45mph but be able to leap small buildings in a single bound... while running on veggie oil, diesel, jet-a, filtered used oil, etc. Intake and exhaust stacks? Will it have a top?

Does this mean you're selling the truck - or will the truck be the dedicated towing rig for this little beastie?
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

You already have way too many projects, young man. So DO IT! I'll confess I'm not a Jeep fan but anything with a Diesel has got to be cool.

Dan

Comment

Yeah, that's the ticket, just throw out another tennis ball...squirrel...
                    I'm still learning

Comment

hmmm... the ones with the most unfinished projects are the ones most against the project. weird nice to know their consciences are still bothering them
                      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; March 12, 2013, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                        hmmm... the ones with the most unfinished projects are the ones most against the project. weird nice to know their consciences are still bothering them
                        I'm for it... In case I wasn't clear before!
                        Yeah.. EVERYDAMNTHING I got is "unfinished"....

Comment

I would VERY much like to know what Advance Adapters has to say about your little gameplan...

Bitchin.
                          Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

Originally posted by Caveman Tony View Post
                            I would VERY much like to know what Advance Adapters has to say about your little gameplan...

Bitchin.
                            "that will be $600"

I'm pretty certain I have the technology to make this work without buying AA another house

Comment

Love it.

MB's freakin' ROCK.

How short is your rear driveshaft gonna be on this little rock humper?
                              Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

Working...
                              X