Hot Rod Magazine "boners"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Rod Magazine "boners"

I often complain about big words in "car" magazines. It's harder for me to read a hot rod magazine now than when I was 12-14 yrs old. Those words just don't belong, and some of you give me SHIT for it. Get a dictionary some say. Kiss my ass, I'm not gonna lose the flow of any story to look up a word (or MORE) for an article I almost don't give a shit about in the first place. So, for all you genuis writers in those magazines that are so damn smart that you can write articles a reasonably educated man can't read.....I give you THIS. Pictures are "LETTERED" A-N....answers are "NUMBERED" 1-14 (BTW, top left was my car with a piss poor description). If it's ***ME*** that needs a dictionary....what do these boners need?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by groucho; March 14, 2013, 03:43 PM.
    STUGOTS

Obviously, that was a freelance submission by Chad.
    Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

To me, they are fancy paint jobs that I will never own again..
      I had a FJ40 Land Cruiser with a lace type panel tribal flame job and a fire cracker exploding on the roof saying "Dyn-O-Mite"
      The Sedan Delivery is BLACK.. Will be repainted black.. An old lady came to the " back window " to look in.. It's METAL! lol

Those paint jobs are fine for those who like them..
      Got nothing against them..

Comment

I like the fancy paints.
        if a metallurgist is the planner.

that takes years of sun and steel and storms and bad as well as good.

I never say anything about "strange" paint.
        Last edited by Barry Donovan; March 12, 2013, 05:38 PM.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Wow. Really missing the point guys.
          STUGOTS

Comment

Er, wasn't it a test? The key for matching up the letters to the numbers is there on the lower right.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Whelk View Post
              Er, wasn't it a test? The key for matching up the letters to the numbers is there on the lower right.
              **IF** you're right, what's the point? I still think it's stupid. JMO. It's a god damn hot rod magazine, NOT a puzzle. Also, either way, the answer to my car on the top left was LAME!
              Last edited by groucho; March 12, 2013, 06:27 PM.
              STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by groucho View Post
                **if** you're right, what's the point? I still think it's stupid. Jmo. It's a god damn hot rod magazine, not a puzzle. Also, either way, the answer to my car on the top left was lame!
                lmao!!!
                Last edited by Monk; March 12, 2013, 06:30 PM.
                Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by groucho View Post
                  **IF** you're right, what's the point? I still think it's stupid. JMO. It's a god damn hot rod magazine, NOT a puzzle. Also, either way, the answer to my car on the top left was LAME!
                  On my car on the top left? The answer may as well been PIZZA (number OR letter)
                  Last edited by groucho; March 12, 2013, 06:46 PM.
                  STUGOTS

Comment

That's funny Groucho, that is your El Camino isn't or maybe I should say "wasn't it" by now?
                    sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Not the first one of those to pop up in a rag, wont be the last. I quit reading, the content is often way over my head and is in no way written to teach someone who doesnt know. The car content is not as good as it was when I was a kid. I see more ads than anything else...I learn more and see more cars here than any magazine on the stands....
                      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Bring back the cam articles with Jeff Smith in a trench coat and fedora in the "I got a deal for you" pose and the like!

I remember reading an article about exhaust manifolds and what the effects of logs, semi headers, and other types was. Now it had science and math in it about the gas velocity and the reflected wave but it was still fairly simplistic. What it did was make me go out and scrutenize my own car and go hunting for headers. By the way that was a fruitless search, nobody then and I'm not sure if now makes headers for a Buick 455 in a 70 Riviera....

Anyway, I'd like more tech, more shoot outs, and dial back the "feature" cars a bit. Looking at the new Hot Rod I feel it's a bit saturated with freature stuff and way skimping on the tech behind them.
                        Central TEXAS Sleeper
                        USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

That explains it all, I couldn't figure out what the f... They were talking about, thought maybe the bathroom lights were burned out, or the steam had fogged up my glasses!

Comment

The place I really get lost is trying to read all the big words on the the shithouse wall. But Hot rod Magazine is written at a level that any 8th grader should be able to read. I'm fine with it, I passed 12th grade.
                            Last edited by Hemi Joel; March 12, 2013, 08:17 PM.

Comment

so since most of you complained in this thread, did you voice these same concerns in a email to the editor ? and those ads in the magazines pay for those hi-jinks in those Roadkill videos among other things
                              Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Working...
                              X