Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else hate Walmart but keeps going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone else hate Walmart but keeps going?

Originally posted by jcharliem
    Well, if someone doesn't like Wal*Mart then don't shop there. Here's a quote from the late founder of Wal*Mart, Sam Walton... "There is only one boss: the consumer. And he can fire everybody in the company, from the chairman on down, simply by spending his money somewhere else."

Seems as though not too many consumers are attempting to fire Lee Scott and others who are employed by Wal*Mart.
    The problem is that in many, especially smaller, communities there are no other alternatives. Wal Mart often will come into a community expecting to take a loss over the first year, then when they have undercut and driven everybody else the prices go up somewhat and the local residents are stuck. Like Dan's neighbors have done the fight must take place before Wal Mart actually builds a building and starts to sell stuff.

Comment

Wow! Didn't realize when I started this thread that people felt so strongly about this. Speeking of Home Depot and Lowe's, There are four within a few miles from here. Ever notice how the old local hardware store has more "stuff" in a 10,000 square ft building than the Superstore has in a 200,000 square ft building. How is that.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
        One local lumber yard met the Home Depot challenge head on and basically drew a line in the sand.

They started handing out sweatshirts with purchases that had the slogan:

No shopping carts
        No aprons
        No stupid bird house classes

Brian
        cute , but are they still open ?

Comment

Open and thriving.

The guy has three yards under that CCL umbrella and all three are located within miles of a Lowes or HD.

The biggest thing you notice going in there are that the guys who work in the store are the real deal in terms of product knowledge. Any time I'm buying stuff for a project, I hit them up.

Brian
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I too hit up the local yokels for my projects...Lumberyard for wood....Paint store for paint.....Hardware store for hardware

Funny enough there is a ~75 year old woman at the local True Value Hardware who is the most knowledgeable person for hardware and home repairs. She knows her stuff inside and out, and has pointed me in the right direction many times. She has worked there for 45 years. Awesome isn't it.

I do my best to keep them open for business.

Seth
            200 mph or bust.......

Comment

We just don't go to ChinaMart. It's not my fault.

Comment

Working...
              X