Is this a hot rod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
    I was thinking something along what Scott said, he jsut said it way nicer than I would have.
    Joe, you never fail to crack me up with your humor! Ha...
    -dulcich

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
      But not hotrodding a slant 6 to plop in a dart?

Either project is/will be cool!
      DB, it is definately on the bucket list:
      1. Modern pistons with low drag 1.2mm rings instead of the OEM bricks (Wiseco)
      2. Big valves and the best ported /6 head mankind has ever known. By me of course.
      3. Custom flat tappet cam; very fast but kind of short with a wide lsa.
      4. Hooker 4into1 headers
      5. Make a fabricated tubular steel EFI plenum-ram intake manifold. My mind tells me I have the best design the world has ever known.

Oh man, I'm a legend in my own mind. So many engines and so little time.
      -dulcich
      Last edited by dulcich; March 14, 2013, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dulcich View Post
        Oh man, I'm a legend in my own mind. So many engines and so little time.
        -dulcich
        My truck is empty.....I drove right past your place twice last week on the way to Famoso......just say the word and I'll be there to grab the big block stuff you no longer want/need.....LOL

Or lets plug one of those bad boy big blocks you've got hidden down there in the Earlimart vines into my Dart....Tony and Frank Lindner said they would come with me..... Earlimart hell raisers reunion....lol
        Last edited by Chassisman; March 14, 2013, 05:34 PM.
        The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

If its not a Hot Rod what the heck is it? Can't think of any other definiton.

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
            I was thinking something along what Scott said, he jsut said it way nicer than I would have.
            You always had a polite way of saying things.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chassisman View Post
              My truck is empty.....I drove right past your place twice last week on the way to Famoso......just say the word and I'll be there to grab the big block stuff you no longer want/need.....LOL

Or lets plug one of those bad boy big blocks you've got hidden down there in the Earlimart vines into my Dart....Tony and Frank Lindner said they would come with me..... Earlimart hell raisers reunion....lol
              Let's do it! Tell me how much horsepower you need, and you boys can stuff it in the Dart. I'll own the motor, but you fellas can run it in the car indefinately. What does it have in it now? My only requirement is that you have Chad take it down the strip at least once.
              -dulcich
              Last edited by dulcich; March 14, 2013, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Can you handle 1000 horsepower in that old A-body tub? I'll float you guys a really good engine with an F1R.
                -dulcich

Comment

Oooohhhh.. This thread just got interesting!

Comment

Not to interupt but....yes, a Hotrod!

Comment

can it kill you in if you give it one moment? yep... that's a hot rod
                      as opposed to a racecar - which isn't supposed to kill you... but will take a bit or two of you if you let it.

would I own it? I've had one... so no, I hate going over the same ground twice.
                      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; March 14, 2013, 09:47 PM.
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Sure is.

Comment

Thankfully some people get it, yes I think its a Hotrod, but having a Hi power V8 import makes me a little bias.

Comment

Working...
                          X