X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bose wave radio-how do they sound?

Are they really "all that"? Good enough for shop? Thanks
    STUGOTS

My buddy has one in his house with an Ipod dock and honestly-its freakin awsome! I am a little cheap so I havent bought one but I want to, its worth it.

Comment

my sister, if I remember, had one. I fell right into it..
      I do play with a boxer engine. It is tricky like that.
      I liked it. very clever.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Last time I heard a Wave was about 10 years ago. It had impressive quality and volume for such a little unit, not sure how it would do with all the noise in a shop or how it compares to newer stuff.
        I'm probably wrong

Comment

We have one in our living room/den - sounds great for the size and no clutter. Personally I would not spend that much money for one in a shop but you have a nice shop and use it alot more than I would. Bourbon Thursday's would sound even better I'm sure.
          Phil / Omaha

Comment

Go out and get a Peavey amp and speakers from the pawn shop plug a I pod into it for the shop
            2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
            First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
            2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
            2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
              We have one in our living room/den - sounds great for the size and no clutter. Personally I would not spend that much money for one in a shop but you have a nice shop and use it alot more than I would. Bourbon Thursday's would sound even better I'm sure.
              Seeing a few used ones for around $100
              STUGOTS

Comment

I think for $100 given your temperate climate - it would do fine in the shop - might be a good idea to put a towel over it when you're grinding / painting to keep junk out of the internals....

Bose is expensive - but I've rarely heard a bose system that was not impressive. My friends Dad still has his original '70's? 901 speakers and they still sound amazing.
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Without being any expert, it seems to me that the trick with a Bose Wave radio is ducting the sound around within the unit so that when it finally comes out the front it has picked up some of the effects of like you were in a big room, with sound reflections off different things at varied distance. So basically you could be listening to it in the laundry room or bedroom and it would sound a little more like a concert venue. I really think that's what they sell them for.

Anyhow I'm still using a 1986 GE BFR. Thing must have 50k hours on it & still rocks.
                  Last edited by Loren; March 15, 2013, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by groucho View Post
                    Seeing a few used ones for around $100
                    That sounds like a reasonable enough price. If I remember right the instructions said to place it about 12" from a wall - so I put ours in a corner on top of a cd/vcr storage cabinet.
                    Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                      I think for $100 given your temperate climate - it would do fine in the shop - might be a good idea to put a towel over it when you're grinding / painting to keep junk out of the internals....

Bose is expensive - but I've rarely heard a bose system that was not impressive. My friends Dad still has his original '70's? 901 speakers and they still sound amazing.
                      I figure with the remote I can put the unit up high out of harm's way.
                      STUGOTS

Comment

Working...
                      X