Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know how to "capture" a picture from a PDF file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know how to "capture" a picture from a PDF file?

Can't quite figure it out..... took a snapshot, supposed to be in the clipboard, can't find the clipboard....

Help?!
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

If you got Windows 7 use the Snipping Tool in accessories........ or download a screen capture program.....
    Last edited by TC; March 15, 2013, 09:01 AM.

Comment

when all else fails - sometimes the "print screen" button works, but I think some PDFs are protected - somehow they disable any copying... not sure how - but sometimes I've made it work, sometimes not.
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

There is a bitchin' free program called Sangit (you can test it for 30 days free) that works great for this.
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Stiney, what operating system are you using?
          It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Print Screen + Paint = Pic, Free..

Comment

Windows XP

Trying the print screen thing tardis....

Okay, failing at the print screen+paint. How do I get it into paint after?
              Last edited by STINEY; March 15, 2013, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Stiney,

After you hit the "print screen" button, open Paint

Up on the Paint toolbar, click the "Edit" button.

Select "paste" and your image will pop into the Paint screen.

You can then edit it directly in Paint or save it as a .jpg and edit it later with your favorite photo editor.

It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

WooHoo!!! Success!!

Thanks guys!
                  Last edited by STINEY; March 15, 2013, 10:09 AM.

Comment

SnagIt is great, use it at my job all the time to make documentation of IT processes.
                    MWsnap is free and very good. http://www.snapfiles.com/get/mwsnap.html
                    if you have Windows 7 use Start > All Programs > Accessories > Snipping tool

Comment

Originally posted by mike343sharpstick View Post
                      SnagIt is great, use it at my job all the time to make documentation of IT processes.
                      Oh that's cool!!! Never knew how to do that before either .... Nice
                      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by mike343sharpstick View Post
                        That IS cool, thanks!

Comment

You can also paste it in Word or E-mail and bypass paint.
                          Great for e-mailing an error that pops up for your techie to see.

Comment

Somewhere an Apple user snickers...
                            Powertour off/on since 2002
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X