Shop radio, Pt 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shop radio, Pt 2

This is what I've been using for around 8 yrs now. It sounds fine, but it won't last forever. The turntable and reel to reel quit a long time ago. Just the radio works. And when that goes it's useless. I have an offer of $200 for it from a collector that will take parts from 3 other units to restore this one to as new. I've seen his work and I like that idea. Plus, I have 0 in this unit.

STUGOTS

Sounds like it is going to a good home! Take the money and run...
    That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

indeed - in the last 20 years- most of those were gutted to make filing cabinets out of - or just trashed - done it to a few myself I must admit, $200 for that and a bose wave for $100 - that overflows with WIN
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

A big "plus" will be the welcome floor space
        STUGOTS

Comment

I am really surprised you haven't closed the deal!

Man, there are litterally tens of thousands of old "boom boxes" for sale on Craigslist all over the country for less than $20 that will give you plenty of sound for a shop/garage without breaking the bank OR taking up too much space.
          It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward View Post
            I am really surprised you haven't closed the deal!

Man, there are litterally tens of thousands of old "boom boxes" for sale on Craigslist all over the country for less than $20 that will give you plenty of sound for a shop/garage without breaking the bank OR taking up too much space.
            I don't want to get ahead of myself and buy something yet. The guy buying mine can't come til next week. He's 120 miles away. But I'll hit a couple thrift shops today since I'm giving myself the day off.
            STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by groucho View Post
              I'm giving myself the day off.
              Good for you, you have earned a day off!!
              Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

That's a neat piece..........worth every bit of $200.
                My brother does electronics on the side so he fixes all my stuff for beer.
                Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I have one of those too, 8 track, turntable, AM/FM, needs refinished but still works. He can have it if he wants to take a vacation to Michigan.

Comment

Working...
                  X