Classic Car Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic Car Insurance

Which classic car insurance company takes care of claims the best any past experience out there?

I think you'll get many different replies here........been discussed several times before.

Myself I've been with Hagerty for about 15 years.....all claims paid with no issues but it
    probably wouldn't hurt me to shop around as my rates have inched up.
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I'm happy with Grundy, but haven't had any claims so far. Good price, no mileage limits.
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I NEED to get the Mustang over to one of those. Past threads indicate good luck with Grundy, Hagerty, and (damn - my old brain just farted) the other big one. Each seems to have pros and cons but pretty similar coverage depending in your needs. Like Ed said, some offer unlimited mileage, important for those who drive a lot, some offer excellent claim service (great if you run into stuff a lot) and so each one has slightly different features.

So look into exactly what you need (my 'Stang hasn't turned a wheel in over 4 years so the mileage thing doesn't matter a lot to me). Low price for storage and the ability to turn on full coverage for a month or two is what I'll be looking for. Then compare and price shop.

Dan
        Last edited by DanStokes; March 15, 2013, 12:47 PM.

Comment

I can only speak for hagerty - but - what drew me to them was their "project" insurance - regardless of the vehicle's current state of diss-assembly - you can get coverage. We all know how much those "number matching bits" can add up to - and in a fire or flood or similar loss to loose all that would be really suck - so it's peace of mind for a reasonable fee to have that stuff covered. They're covering my 69 428 mach1 in pieces for 12 grand.
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
            I can only speak for hagerty - but - what drew me to them was their "project" insurance - regardless of the vehicle's current state of diss-assembly - you can get coverage. We all know how much those "number matching bits" can add up to - and in a fire or flood or similar loss to loose all that would be really suck - so it's peace of mind for a reasonable fee to have that stuff covered. They're covering my 69 428 mach1 in pieces for 12 grand.
            You probably should get rid of that car.........just sittin around
            isn't good for it
            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Thom - I thought you were on my side - have you been talking to my wife?

I'll have to start looking at these "business trips" she's taking all the time.... to MO!
              ;-)
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

There's one sitting outside in a guy's backyard here in the neighborhood. Damn shame but it's a "someday" car. Also a '68 Road Runner across the street from me - different house but also a someday car.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                  Thom - I thought you were on my side - have you been talking to my wife?

I'll have to start looking at these "business trips" she's taking all the time.... to MO!
                  ;-)
                  Yeah John I'm on your side
                  That's a sweet project you've got sittin there
                  Thom

Comment

I've had great service with Grundy. Three claims so far and no issues. Claim 1 and 2 were for a windshield and claim 3 was for an accident I was in. Each time I was told to take it anywhere I wanted and that they would deal with the shop. For the accident claim, the car went for alignment after the paint work was done and they couldn't get it to line up. Collision shop replaced the spindle and upper control arm and it lined up. Grundy covered it all and didn't even raise premiums! This last cycle, they did increase the value of the cars for inflation which increased the premium. One call to keep values the same year over year and the premium came back down to the same price.

Comment

Originally posted by 65longroof View Post
                      I've had great service with Grundy. Three claims so far and no issues. Claim 1 and 2 were for a windshield and claim 3 was for an accident I was in. Each time I was told to take it anywhere I wanted and that they would deal with the shop. For the accident claim, the car went for alignment after the paint work was done and they couldn't get it to line up. Collision shop replaced the spindle and upper control arm and it lined up. Grundy covered it all and didn't even raise premiums! This last cycle, they did increase the value of the cars for inflation which increased the premium. One call to keep values the same year over year and the premium came back down to the same price.

Nice service there...

I've had a claim with state farm classic and it was handled very well. $32000 payout.
                      They lost my buisness because of their poor homeowners coverage though...

Hagerty jacked the rates on me all of a sudden for my GN. So I switched..

Grundy has been fine, but I can't drive to work occasionally.

I'm thinking about Heacock now. Good rates, and I can drive it to work occasionally.
                      Powertour off/on since 2002
                      sigpic

Comment

I was with Hagerty for over 10 years but I thought I should look around and found the National Corvette Museum saved me over $1000 from Hagerty's price. Don't have a corvette? Does not matter, they insure anything. Never had a claim with any of them but the NCM has been great so far and the rates far beat out Hagerty, Grundy or anyone else I found.
                        Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

$1000? that's 3x what I'm paying for insurance on my Corvette through Hagerty.... wish I had your Corvette

I am a life-long supporter of Hagerty. I've had two claims - a tow, where they sent a letter of apology saying they don't cover blown up motors (which I knew, but appreciated the gesture)... not to mention that I didn't have tow coverage, but they gave me tow coverage retroactively so they could cover the tow bill. The second claim, they were so good to work with - they hired an adjuster who knew what he was doing, and paid the claim immediately.

I don't believe in wasting money, but I also think you get what you pay for... cut rate insurance rarely works out well.
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                          X