What's Wrong With Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Wrong With Me

Guys, I owe everybody an apology and an explanation. The best one I can come up with. I've worked for the same company for 36 years and tomorrow morning they're shutting down a huge piece of equipment where I work and that will cause 150 people to lose their jobs.

150 people I know and have worked with. That's what's been wrong with me. I know that's no excuse for me being such a jerk, but that's what's wrong with me. That's what's changed.

I hate it. I'll get better.

And that's not car stuff so ban me. I mean. I'm ill. Pissed off, angry. Not at anybody here, if it's appeared so.

I'm sorry. I apologize. I'm just overall generally upset, and I sure shouldn't have brought that here. I shouldn't have. My mood right now is bigger than usual, and I love you all like brothers. And a lot of you are real friends in person.

Just saying.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

150 people I know losing their job would bother me too...How it would is uncertain. Hang in there man.
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

It's called survivors remorse. It natural, have been through it a few times. Sucks every time.
      Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by nesabo View Post
        It's called survivors remorse. It natural, have been through it a few times. Sucks every time.
        The Steeda guys shouldn't have suffered so much from it though. I'll get over it. The bigger thing.

Comment

said it before ... pamprin.

haha. it's my idea of a joke.

We work off of Jack whatver the f* that guys name was from GE - Kevorkian? Anyway, antiquated ideas that you have to trim your bottom 10%. What happens when your entire team is Olympic Gold material? The bottom 10% get told they are shit.

You then react by "Oh my, we can't meet demand" and "Oh my, we can't attract talent" and then act surprised because .. it's now true. Everyone knows who you are and what you do and won't put their neck out to become one of the 10%. I shit you not, it will take 2 or 3 people several years to catch up and do what I do, but.. they have to get rid of the old to make room for the new. A direct quote.

In American History we learn of robber barons - and nothing has changed. 29 years into a 30 year pension - sorry, have to let you go.
          Do not go gentle into that good night,
          Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
          Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
          Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
          Because their words had forked no lightning they
          Do not go gentle into that good night.
          Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
          Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
          Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
          And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,
          Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
          Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,
          Rage, rage against the dying of the light. And you, my father, there on the sad height,
          Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

-Dylan Thomas
          Last edited by Beagle; March 15, 2013, 05:57 PM.
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Well, that's about it Beags, well done. Yep.

I just wanna say I'm sorry for the past few weeks' worth of my behavior here on BS, I'd like to belong here.

And it's all become clear, the job stress is what it is.

I hope this thread post-dies soon. I don't need or want to carry on about it. That's what it's been. That's it, forgive me or not, me being an asshole more than usual.
            Last edited by pdub; March 15, 2013, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nesabo View Post

I agree.
              peewee, maine shuts down entire towns to mills flunking..

I ran like hell.

A real stab is reading of a chinese investment firm stepping up.

oh...my....god.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Thanks for that, Beags. I needed it today.
                I'm still learning

Comment

PEE Wee, Sorry to here about your friends. We've been there through that about 5 times at the plant. Really don't think you burn any bridges. Welcome back.
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
                    PEE Wee, Sorry to here about your friends. We've been there through that about 5 times at the plant. Really don't think you burn any bridges. Welcome back.
                    You're a mighty good Traffic Director at the track on a rainy day, Mister Dan.

Comment

PW don't worry man, I think we've all blown some stream off using the forum, sometimes it's just easier to be a jerk to people you really don't know, than to the people you have to deal with in everyday life...... I call it forum therapy......... And come on it's the Internet, no one is taking anyone seriously...... I know I sure don't.......

Life's good, and those people will find other jobs..... fact is no job is permanent, well unless you own the company....... and then even that is a crap shoot.......

Comment

TC, it's a lot harder than that. I still have a job. Lots of folks do not.

Can we lock this thread? I'm gonna cry.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                          TC, it's a lot harder than that. I still have a job. Lots of folks do not.

Can we lock this thread? I'm gonna cry.
                          Just remember buddy, an end is a new beginning, for some of these people it may be the best thing that has ever happened to them as they will find a bigger and better job that pays way more money.... I understand it sucks, but getting yourself down in the dumps about it does nobody any good.... What is, is what is, life will go on.........

Comment

Pdub.. Like I said in my email.. It's like that all over!

"Race Among the Ruins".. Gordon Lightfoot... Might make you feel better?

Comment

Pdub - if there's any good time to lose a job, now is it - there are a lot of jobs out there.
                              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                              X