Drag Week Sold Out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drag Week Sold Out!

That's right, 250 cars registered for Hot Rod Magazine's "Drag Week" in what I believe was 9 1/2 hours! Stop and think about this, 250 guys signed up and paid good money to travel through probably 6 states, over 1,000 miles at least, probably a few sleepless nights working on their cars, untold dollars in fuel costs and Motels and that doesn't even begin to address the money spent in parts to keep the Hot Rods going to get to the next Strip, is that insane or what!
    Last edited by Grumpy; March 15, 2013, 07:57 PM.
    sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

And it's in my backyard.....I might take the week off to go to Indy & Beech Bend as well as Gateway.

And yeah pretty insane....those guys are hard core.
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I wonder who from this site got in??..... I'm sure they are taking the first 250 entries......
      Last edited by TC; March 15, 2013, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Hardcore would be running it out west....Phoenix..Las Vegas...Pomona...Famoso....Sonoma and Sacramento. ....lots of big hills in this route....Grapevine would kill half the field....and do it in July....real survival....lol
        The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

Not so much. The hills of Ohio and the Texas Heat we have seen it all over the years, its not flat in the Midwest and its not cool either.
          2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
          First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
          2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
          2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by Chassisman View Post
            Hardcore would be running it out west....Phoenix..Las Vegas...Pomona...Famoso....Sonoma and Sacramento. ....lots of big hills in this route....Grapevine would kill half the field....and do it in July....real survival....lol
            my kinda ride.

being the drag week is so popular..other versions could be made no doubt.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
              Not so much. The hills of Ohio and the Texas Heat we have seen it all over the years, its not flat in the Midwest and its not cool either.
              Been over the Grapevine or Tehachapi?....over 3,000 ft climb in 12miles... its an insane climb...plus the climb leaving Nevada/Calif state line...I've been to Ohio....the route I laid out is litered with burnt spots in the highway where vehicles have died. I've towed to West Virgina ...West of Colorado has mountains....Ohio has hills...lol
              The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

I'm with Ron on this one. Once you get east of Denver, you have hills.
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                  I'm with Ron on this one. Once you get east of Denver, you have hills.
                  As am I.. 4 trips to Iowa thru the years... Blue Mts by Pendleton OR. Bad one! That'll screw up a hot rod!
                  Wyoming is the last of the mountains.. As is Colorado and Montana... Rest of the way east... Yawwwwn!

Comment

Mountains.....drive up, coast down. I get better mileage in the Smilies than in Indiana.
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

It is nuts regardless of where the tracks are at, north, south, east, west. For what a Jacket?? Nope for the time spent hanging out with a bunch of other gear heads, seeing there cars, drinking their beer. Glad I was one of the 250. Hopefully Plan A is ready and I don't break plan B if it is not.
                      Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Texting with DF last night he said it was 8hrs and 10 minutes from wire to wire on the sellout.

Incredible!
                        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by nesabo View Post
                          It is nuts regardless of where the tracks are at, north, south, east, west. For what a Jacket?? Nope for the time spent hanging out with a bunch of other gear heads, seeing there cars, drinking their beer. Glad I was one of the 250. Hopefully Plan A is ready and I don't break plan B if it is not.
                          Well at least make it to Gateway.......I know I can spectate that portion of the event but
                          am gonna try to hit Beech Bend and Indy as well.
                          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Wherever they have it.. Still pretty cool!

Kinda curious.. Do many trailer close then drive the DW, then trailer back home..
                            Seems to me some would want a ride home in something cheaper than race gas...
                            I know Randall drove the whole trip and back.. How about the "L" guys?

Comment

Didn't they sell out last year too but only had 182 cars show up to start? Seems the ones on the waiting list will have a good chance of going.
                              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X