Im going to buy a powerwasher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im going to buy a powerwasher

What kind of powerwashers do you guys have? I dont want to spend a ton of money, I just want something to clean off my jeep after i hit the mud. So i dont need a ton of power, just enough to get the job done.

What should i look for before i buy one?

Re: Im going to buy a powerwasher

I had an electric one. HATED IT. too much pain in the butt with electrical cords and it was weak.

Then I spent about $350 for one of those Honda-powered ones at Home Depot. Two years running, it's awesome and I only have to string a hose - no electrical cords. Has 2x the pressure of the electrical one, and it has a quick float drain and pump drain so I can store it in my unheated shop in the winter without worrying about typical carb gunk or frozen/busted pump. I love it.

-scott
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Hey Scott, does that one have the 4 tips, 0deg, 5deg, 10, and 15?

Comment

i have an electric cheap one i got from harbor freight i think and it works great for getting mud and cleaning the driveway.

Comment

I bought a cheap electric one from Pep Boys three years ago. It does a great job of cleaning the grease and muck off of my friend's shit heaps before I have to work on them. It's got enough power to take the grease off the driveway and the skin off my hands. It's pretty much all I use it for.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by min301
            yep that is the one.

I tend to need it where I don't have electricity or would have to run 100' of extension cord, I like being able to run it off the back of my tractor (hosing out the gutters on the workshop which is a few hundred yards from the house) etc.

www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
              Originally posted by min301
              yep that is the one.

I tend to need it where I don't have electricity or would have to run 100' of extension cord, I like being able to run it off the back of my tractor (hosing out the gutters on the workshop which is a few hundred yards from the house) etc.

scott

have you MS'ed it yet?

Comment

I have an electric one from Habor Frieght also, and I know they are shock proof (eletricity and water???) but I have my doubts, other than that it works great.

Comment

Originally posted by shaun callaway

have you MS'ed it yet?
                  won't be long, I'm sure....

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel

have you MS'ed it yet?

nope, the 26hp Kohler on my mower is getting the TBI treatment first. Neighbor's Case tractor already mows weekly with a TBI megasquirt and HEI distributor.

The problem with 'squirting a pressure washer is that I'd have to install a charging system and a hobby battery on it to run a fuel pump, injector, the computer, etc.

see Robert, there IS a need for carbs somewhere!! (kidding, kidding!)

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
                      Originally posted by squirrel

have you MS'ed it yet?

nope, the 26hp Kohler on my mower is getting the TBI treatment first. Neighbor's Case tractor already mows weekly with a TBI megasquirt and HEI distributor.

The problem with 'squirting a pressure washer is that I'd have to install a charging system and a hobby battery on it to run a fuel pump, injector, the computer, etc.

see Robert, there IS a need for carbs somewhere!! (kidding, kidding!)
                      nice

Comment

Electric is great for car washing and garage cleanup....Concrete stains not as much

I will buy a gas next time around.

Seth
                        200 mph or bust.......

Comment

I have an electric cheapie, and it does what I need it to do. Not worth a darn for washing the house, though - it just can't squirt high enough (I have some really tall peaks). I finally got smart and hired a guy to do that. He has a gas-powered unit, likely like the one discussed here. That sucker will reach anywhere and clean anything. It just depends on what you need it to do.

Later
                          Dan

Comment

I used one like Scott got, to clean the car washes at the Sunoco my fiancee used to Manage.

I used the 5 degree tip, nothing left but clean concrete.

Comment

It's clearly evident by this thread.....we're all dorks (myself included because I read the thing with interest like everyone else).

Brian
                              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
                              X