Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out this Hot Rod Lincoln

3 Grand...http://mohave.craigslist.org/cto/3688860331.html

I had a loaded T-Bird of the same vintage and I loved that car, really loved it. I would DD this thing with no reservations...and I would keep the spokes and spinners too...bad ass find.
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Hell yah.......then get into your Huggy Bear attire

Price seems right

Last edited by Monk; March 18, 2013, 12:17 PM.
      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

They're coming out of the woodwork now....

4 Grand...http://mohave.craigslist.org/cto/3689024049.html

Looks like I painted it...!

Comment

Seriously...

Comment

I wonder how this lincoln paintjob looks in 2013.
            Last edited by wrenchn2; March 18, 2013, 05:55 PM.

Comment

I was waiting for someone to catch that.

Comment

3 grand ?! Cant go wrong with that.Id rock that in a minute. Im diggin the Appliance spoke wheels too. Just needs white walls.

Comment

The 400 cars aren't too bad, but a 460 can be better!
                  The father in-law had both and the 460 car in stock form wasn't a hell of a lot quicker.
                  We did the slow smog cruiser thing a couple of summers...but quickly got bored.

A small 204/214 cam, recurved dist, better carb/intake, good sounding duals and used gears made it fun to drive! The issue is HUGE weight! We rolled ours across the scales with 1/4 tank of fuel and saw 4970lbs! FAT PIG!
                  But huge is half the deal.

We actually tightened up the handling to late model sedan standards. Which made it better to drive, but lost its "floating charm"

If I got to do another for a cheap fun car, I'd use the cheap summit cam, used intake/carb, recurved dist, cheap shift kit, duals and 3.00 gears. When tired of the float....a Lares 3.5 turn steering box ($110 from Advance auto), '78 TBird 1 1/8" front sway bar, addco rear 7/8" bar and '99 interceptor shocks

The bolt pattern is 5 on 5, so I've been searching for YEARS for a cheap set of 15x8 GM truck rally wheels and use the factory flat, not top hat, full chrome wheel cover. My biggest bitch on the looks of these cars is the stupid 15x6 wheels they came with sucked up under the car..... Looks like a friggin elephant on roller skates!!
                  This guy did it here.... Except he used the GM trim rings, which doesn't look right IMO.

Quick video of the father in-law ruining a yard sale tire (off a 78 chevy 2wd truck) in his Mark V.....

Comment

Great cruisers - but Lordy the weight!

Glad to know there are still rust free cool cars somewhere that sellers aren't asking a small fortune for.
                    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post

Glad to know there are still rust free cool cars somewhere that sellers aren't asking a small fortune for.
                      They're still driving Pintos out here...

Check out the more door. http://mohave.craigslist.org/cto/3654107249.html

I've seen this one crusing around town.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post

Dont' forget the front facia and fenders have the aerodynamics of a cinder block. They react to cross winds like a sail boat with those slabbed sides.
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I oughta weigh and scrap the " chrome radiator" from one I ran.. It bent the firstnail, had to go from box to common nail..

Comment

I need to stay off the internet...http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/3654998575.html

Comment

Originally posted by NightShifter View Post
                              Grrrr. Grrr be nice to go with my 57 sedan D

Comment

Working...
                              X