Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mopars at the Strip Mar 22-24 Anyone going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mopars at the Strip Mar 22-24 Anyone going?

Anyone going to the MATS this month? Ive been trying to thrash my Jensen back into shape for the strip and maybe slalom (need a new unobtainium rotor for the front..) everything else is under construction or in paint jail.
    Attached Files
    www.FBthrottlebodies.com
    Bruce K Bridges

Click image for larger version

Name:	cone incident.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	868632
    I Just got back from the show and yes, I didnt see any Bangshifters... My car had a great time on the autocross and the dragstrip.
    Heres it is at the time we think the left front sway bar mount ripped off of the lower A armClick image for larger version

Name:	rear tire off pavement.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	868631 after about 20 go arounds my buddy Rich's best time in it was 32.44... about the same as the stock modern Challengers and Camaros runnning it more or less, but on 225 15 65 series tires...They arent really road worthy any more. The drag strip was a challenge due to the rubber and the 2800 stall converter, but with 1.9 60ft performance we managed a best of 12.88 @ 108.4mph. The 4400 lb curb weight doesnt help much anywhere, but maybe the broken sway bar mount helped the launch a bit. The weather wasnt too bad and the car had a lot of fun.
    BKB
    www.FBthrottlebodies.com
    Bruce K Bridges

Comment

Looks like fun! I've been meaning to go to Mopars at the Strip for a couple of years now but never seem to make it. Didn't realize they had autocross there, now I've got another reason to go.

Comment

Man, that looks awesome! Crossed up to the max and it rules!
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Crossed up and hitting cones...The second pic kind of shocked me as my 4400lb car was putting all of its weight on the left front wheel (hard right hander), getting the right rear wheel about 2" off of the ground... Didnt think that was supposed to happen.
          Had a blast though! Mopars at the Strip is always a good time.
          BKB
          Attached Files
          Last edited by BKBridges; March 26, 2013, 06:56 PM.
          www.FBthrottlebodies.com
          Bruce K Bridges

Comment

Few pics of the meet:
            Attached Files
            www.FBthrottlebodies.com
            Bruce K Bridges

Comment

The Hot Rod 65 show kept a lot of us at Pomona, even DF who mentioned that he was bummed about the date conflict.

Great pics thanks for sharing. Your Jensen Interceptor has been one of my 'someday' cars for years great you have taken it out and beat used like it should be used.
              Last edited by CDMBill; March 27, 2013, 09:16 PM.
              Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                The Hot Rod 65 show kept a lot of us at Pomona, even DF who mentioned that he was bummed about the date conflict.

Great pics thanks for sharing. Your Jensen Interceptor has been one of my 'someday' cars for years great you have taken it out and beat used like it should be used.
                DF couldnt run the Bee anyways. He said he broke the trans again.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

The autocross did put a little hurt on the Interceptor, but now I know a new "weak" link...My new pan and external pickup should be here soon and the rev limiter will be going up a bit after that. The best time down the drag strip was bouncing off the rev limiter at the top end in 2nd 1/2 gear. Wish I could have gone to the hotrod show as well but it was a working weekend.
                  BKB
                  Attached Files
                  www.FBthrottlebodies.com
                  Bruce K Bridges

Comment

Working...
                  X