Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Excuses, can we do this without going OVERBOARD!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excuses, can we do this without going OVERBOARD!!!!

I think it's time to list the excuses we give our significant other when we drag home a new "great deal"

*preferrably ones that worked, however, perhaps we can also analyze what went wrong with the ones that didn't

Post em
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

It is way cheaper to buy this whole car for parts than to buy stuff individually!
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Pre-emptive strike: You know, you don't have enough <fill in the blank>! You should pamper yourself once in a while.
      "First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

Comment

Who dropped that off? Those friends of mine, such jokers....wonder where they found it? Kinda cool don't you think.....maybe I could make something out of it? Sorta turn the joke around on them.

(Of course, in order to pull this one off successfully, you have to involve your wife in some clandestine car dropping of your own. At least once. Its kinda fun too!)
        Last edited by STINEY; March 22, 2013, 10:54 AM.
        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

I have no need to do that with the wife, she understands and she gets to drive them. Lately new purchases are for her or her father, not for me since I have enough projects to last another decade or so. I have never had her say anything about how I spend my money, other than to ask when we could finish the floors and make the kitchen useful and better looking.

Her dad on the other hand, has an issue with more junk showing up in the yard because it crowds space for the boats he wants to bump here.

Comment

"It's got 4 seats so the kids and I can all ride in it together!"
            Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
            1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
            1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
            1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
            1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
            1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
              It is way cheaper to buy this whole car for parts than to buy stuff individually!
              used this one...
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Whats this excuse thing
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

It's a great investment
                  Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

INVESTMENT must be included in any of my explanations - else I have to bring up some of her failed financial endeavors - and then it gets ugly.

Randal - SHUT UP
                    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

As long as I can fit it inside the shop she's pretty much OK with it. The last one was the Benz. I stripped the engine and trans and had the body schrapnel OUTTA HERE in about a week. She was happy with that as it wound up in front of the shop for a few days. I actually got $$ for the carcass.

Dan

Comment

You don't live here anymore, so shut the hell up!
                        2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                        First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                        2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                        2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

I'm supposed to be at the dragboat races out in Parker today but instead I'm hanging out on BangShift. How's that for overboard...

Comment

It's possible I screwed up getting rid of this thing...

I blame it on the wife.

Comment

I am kinda waiting to hear Loren's excuse for why he has not yet brought home the 60 yr old Road Grader from down the street...
                              This thing is bad-ass cool and very good at its job. (the Neighbor is moving to a paved neighborhood)
                              That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Working...
                              X