How Hard To Find Are These Wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Hard To Find Are These Wheels?

I just bought a set of these "Dog dish" hub caps, and now I need just the 15" wheels for them.
    The width is not important as I expect to modify them to 7" & 8" which I'm sure either width is not standard..

Are they hard to find?
    What price is reasonable?
    What is typical the name for them? (So I can use it to search eBay or request them here in our Wanted swap meet section.)
    Got any?
    Thanks. :-*

[img]http://au.wrs.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0S0zu2uoU9IIxoB_I4W5gt./SIG=13kdfl1fj/EXP=1213264686/**http%3A//www.camaros.net/forums/attachment.php%3Fattachmentid=938%26amp;thumb=1%26 amp;d=1150420725[/img]

Re: How Hard To Find Are These Wheels?

Steel wheels are the common name on them i think.15 inch with 5x4,75 boltcircle you will find on 73-77 A body and 77 to 96 B Body.Some cop cars and stationwagons from 73-77 have 15x7 originally.

In fact i have 4 of them ;D

Comment

Stockton Wheel Service has been providing specialty tires, wheels, auto parts, accessories, and custom wheel services for over 124 years.

OEM SERIES 20

If your vehicle's original wheels are looking ragged, or if you want a larger wheel and tire package, upgrade your original vintage wheels with Stockton Wheel's proprietary 20-series OEM wheel. This wheel fits Ford, Dodge and GM applications and ranges in size from 15x4 to 17x9. This heavy-duty steel wheel provides your vintage car or truck with a modern 15, 16 or 17-inch radial for superior looks and traction. Have a specific backspacing in mind? Stockton Wheel builds the 20-series wheel in any backspace you require with a variety of five, six and eight lug applications. This wheel is available in silver, black, chrome or a white powdercoat finish.

Comment

I've got about.............. :.....lets just say,'a shitload' of them ;D. Yes,they'll fit either 14 or 15 inchers. Folks call 'em lots of things..'Bottle-Caps','Dog-Dishes',ect. The ones pictured were made from '68 thru '70. N.O.S. sets I've seen go for(usually...)around $125/$130-a set these days. I'll have to do some excavating in the shed to find some of my "extra"( ;D ;D) sets . ~OO6.

Comment

I prefer "poverty caps"

Brian
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Or for Silverbuick....Homeless Caps... ;D ;D ;D ;D

I guess they aren't that difficult to find.

Seth
            200 mph or bust.......

Comment

I bought these wheels (in 15x7) from Summit to use with the original dog dish caps.

I'm pretty sure these are the ones:
              http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

They have them in 15x8 too:
              http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

These are the 5x4.75 with 4.25 backspacing that fit on my A-body, I'm not 100% sure that works for your F-body.

1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Originally posted by fahrenschnell
                Or for Silverbuick....Homeless Caps... ;D ;D ;D ;D

I guess they aren't that difficult to find.

Seth
                Hey!! I happen to like hiding my 455 behind hubcaps :P
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I have a set of 55 chevy riveted 15" wheels that those caps would fit on. But yeah, most any GM 5 lug wheel from the 60s-70s-80s will work with them. 6 lugs too! I had those same caps on my 66 suburban for a while.

Should be some in the land down under...somewhere....but it might be easier to find that guy called "wheelkid" or something on the HAMB and ask him to send you a set of centers (save shipping costs)
                  My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by 67pete300
                    I bought these wheels (in 15x7) from Summit to use with the original dog dish caps.

Thanks Pete. ..and they look bitchin'. ;)

Thanks Fabian for your link to, but the 62 Series that Pete has is correct. The Stockton 20 Series are a bit different.
                    Thanks again. ;D

Comment

Thanks! Good luck!
                      1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Steve- Have you tried putting them on a stock Holden Steel wheel? I would think an HQ or similar wheel would be the same as what we have here.

Comment

I wanted those on my nova

twins

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                            I wanted those on my nova

twins
                            That looks awesome.

Comment

Dig the stance and the wheels. That thing looks like a bruiser.

Brian
                              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
                              X