• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trivia: Where did the wavier come from that you sign at the track

"This ain't Disneyland, where the danger is make-believe."

Not quite make-believe.
    http://www.rideaccidents.com/disneyland.html
    That certainly isīnt the whole list.

I was at Santa Pod Raceway in the UK, mid 90īs, when a dragster left the starting line on the pitside of the track.
    He crossed in front of the dragster on the spectator side and went over the guard rail, the crash caused the motor to leave the car,
    I donīt know where it went but I saw it come down in the pitside lane not far from us. One hell of a thud and then silence.
    The driver a rookie was killed, on the track also was the rollcage hoop that should have protected his head.

Santa Pod programme from 1968, disclaimer at bottom.

Comment

Maybe I should have said "This isn't Disneyland, where the danger is SUPPOSED to be make believe".

Dan

Comment

Audio was removed due to music own by WMG, here is the link to the replacement vid with no music- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzy2NVIl1KIBrotherhood of St...

Comment

You guys don't acually sign you're own name, do you? I've been all the Beatles, several movie stars,and the occational racecar driver.

OK. I always use my own name now.
          Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by std
            You guys don't acually sign you're own name, do you? I've been all the Beatles, several movie stars,and the occational racecar driver.

OK. I always use my own name now.
            LOL

We had to present our Drivers Lic and it had to match if you were driving.

Comment

Most places I've been, they hand you a clipboard and you pass it around the car. I don't think a waiver would hold up to a good lawyer.
              Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by std
                Most places I've been, they hand you a clipboard and you pass it around the car. I don't think a waiver would hold up to a good lawyer.
                If done properly it holds up in court,ie;

National and International
                Brotherhood of Street Racers, Inc. vs.
                The Superior Court of Los Angeles County,
                215 Cal.
                App.3d 934, 939 (1989).

Comment

[quote=std ]

LMAO!!! You do that too!!?? I like to use Billy Pilgrim (from Slaughterhouse Five).... So if you see that name on a waiver, come find me, we'll have a beer ;D.
                  Ed

Comment

I've also heard that race car drivers never actually die at the track--always at the hospital, or en route. This keeps the track covered, because while someone might have been hurt very badly there, they didn't die there.

Earnhardt didn't die at the track. He was pronounced dead at the hospital. So were all the other drivers that have been killed in NASCAR accidents.

-Brad

Comment

I understood that ambulances are not supposed to carry dead persons.
                      If the person is dead at the scene a hearse should be used to carry the remains away.
                      So pronounced dead at the hospital also lets the ambulance crew off the hook.

Morbid subject.

Comment

Working...
                      X