Do you have an E-brake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have an E-brake?

I removed my E-brake many years ago. I believe it was froze up, and I grew tired up it being in my way while rewiring the car...or some other reason. I haven't really thought twice about it until now. I just ordered up my Moser M9 rear with Wilwood dynalite pro disc brakes w/o e-brake. I'm curious, have most of you removed your e-brake? Or did you even install an e-brake when you built your car?
    Motor City Muscle

Yes on my manual trans car, and I just broke the rear cable on it yesterday and in two days it's driving me up the wall. Every time I park I hit the parking brake pedal and it goes right to the floor, grrr....
    Last edited by TheSilverBuick; March 25, 2013, 08:23 PM.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

the old ebrakes, open cable/mechanical..I don't blame anyone for removing..
      but if to order new, a modern ebrake can go right to caliper, no separate realm of rusting madness...and self contained cables.

I like those electric button self tensioning versions..but they too young to trust them.

I truly like my little subes version, from at least 30 years ago. uses front calipers. it even aids in a test of master cylinder popped or a caliper blowing by..just pull ebrake.

I like ebrake, they just needed to be smarter.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Put them back in. I still have the factory ones in both cars.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

2 manual tranny cars.. No.. Will be reinstalling..
          Truck humps when loaded . .. Lost 2 when loaded and slipped out of gear.. Front downhill? First gear.. Not Reverse..
          Always block a wheel.. In the 57, I drive up or back and lean out the door and put the block behind the seat..
          Last edited by Deaf Bob; March 25, 2013, 09:08 PM.

Comment

For what you're doing with your car I'd have to say e-brake is extra parts. Nice ride.

Comment

I have them, I've used them.....it sucks to not have it when you need it. That's what the e is for
              My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                I have them, I've used them.....it sucks to not have it when you need it. That's what the e is for
                They never work anyway in you live in Mi. I'v'e disconnected hundreds.

Comment

I suppose....but they work on all 3 of my 1950s rides, with old original parts.
                  My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I was in a hurry, that's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it..

But I am gonna put them back in....

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                      I suppose....but they work on all 3 of my 1950s rides, with old original parts.
                      Yes, it's very nice to release the e-brake on a car that's been sitting in the desert for twenty years and see that still rolls.

Comment

My dad's Challenger will remain a stick, and WILL have an e-brake. My Camaro however, having just ordered a brake kit without an e-brake, likely will never have one. It's a manual valve body TH400, and as somebody stated, only served as "extra parts" that were froze up.

I am curious though, how does Wilwoods e-brake with "hat" work? Could I easily add an e-brake later down the road? Or would it require buying new calipers and rotors for their system to work?
                        Motor City Muscle

Comment

Originally posted by Supersport350 View Post
                          My dad's Challenger will remain a stick, and WILL have an e-brake. My Camaro however, having just ordered a brake kit without an e-brake, likely will never have one. It's a manual valve body TH400, and as somebody stated, only served as "extra parts" that were froze up.

I am curious though, how does Wilwoods e-brake with "hat" work? Could I easily add an e-brake later down the road? Or would it require buying new calipers and rotors for their system to work?
                          I'm thinking you might be headed towards the parachute route, don't worry about the minor details...

Comment

Plus, popping a chute on the street is just SOOOOOO much cooler.
                            Motor City Muscle

Comment

Originally posted by Supersport350 View Post
                              Plus, popping a chute on the street is just SOOOOOO much cooler.
                              That's what I say, lol! Your car and your story remind me a lot of my old 69 Firebird, it's even the same color. I can't tell you how many engines I went through until I finally stepped up to the plate and built a bullet proof 428.

Comment

Working...
                              X