American "Top Gear"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American "Top Gear"

i thought some of us here might get a kick out of this, they are putting Adam Carolla as the host of The "American" Top Gear show.it hasent said who else is going to host the other two spots but i think it will be better then the euro one because AMERICAN CARS and MAYBE DF and Chad will try to be guests(that would be gnarly)

Re: American "Top Gear"

I'm reasonably sure DF was approached or at least mentioned for one of those jobs.

Luckily he chose us slobs instead!

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

i think his time is more useful over here with us.....but Adam is a funny as hell person so im sure he will do alright,well just as long as he knows something about cars

Comment

They interviewed TONS of people for that, including me. The day I went in Rhys Millen was also there, and there was a long list of recognized names from racing, tv, and journalism on the sign--in sheet. I got a call-back, but I knew the chances of me getting that gig were way low.

Comment

They thought you wouldnt like any car with engines under 300 horses,and what?..No air ride ;D :D

Comment

Well DF im sure you guys will make better "tv" here anyways ;D ;D

they were scared how DF slide into the parking lot when he got there

Comment

From what I heard the show was put back on the shelf...

Either way, they are draggin out the new season of original Top Gear...

Comment

make it like top gear
                hire the queer eye guys

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                  make it like top gear
                  hire the queer eye guys
                  no I WANT TO watch it... not puke on the tv an pass out

Comment

I fear this show wouldn’t work here, but I would sure like to see it.
                    I suspect if they are honest and call a turd a turd, the manufacturers will stop giving them cars to test, then what do you have?
                    How does a UK show get away with it? It’s the honesty that makes ‘Top Gear’ so good.

For example, when you read a magazine test and they basically say “all the cars were very good, but the best in the group is, bla blab la”. Then later you find out that a couple cars in the group are total crap!
                    I know for fact that in certain motorcycle rag, during a test a certain brand would constantly have parts vibrating off. This little fact seemed to never make it into the article…..Hmmm?

Comment

do like consumers union , buy the cars
                      and accept large checks from japanese car makes

Comment

Working...
                      X