I Need To Cut A Hole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peewee View Post
    As long as you don't root my hole, I'll watch from a safe distance.
    Sit on it, get a new crack...

Comment

Functional bling, almost. They'll need some adjustment for straight.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19923[/ATTACH]

There's no human way possible to get those hoses started on those intake ducts working from underneath on a creeper. Can't be done (by me at least). Next week I'll take Red to the road racing guy who has a lift. At least he can stand up and work on it.
      I don't mean this to sound critical Pee Wee but they seem small in relation to the size of the turn signals , headlights , fog lights ,or the pony for that matter. (not saying they are too small to work because they probably let in plenty of air) I would paint them reds body color and make them disappear. This is something I've suffered with for years. In my case it is how to get fresh air into the motor. Z28's have a slightly higher hood clearance over the radiator for factory twin ducts. No way to get them to work for me.thought about going through the nose like you but I just don't think I could make it look right. You got guts my friend.
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
        You got guts my friend.

Dan, thanks so much but what I am is insane. Car-stricken. Unit knows it. She's suffering from its effects.

The one thing at the Mile, you saw that. You had your head in the window, telling me which way to go. Gotta do something else after that. A road course.

I fried and cooked Red's stock brakes so bad. Boiled the brake fluid. What a smell. The instructor was saying, "What's that smell? Is that your brakes?" Sure was.

So I overdid it, over-corrected. Big Brakes. And ducts, too. To drive on a road course maybe once per year. But I'm ready, or I will be. By golly I've got the stuff.

That's insane.

Isn't it? I mean, really. That's insane, isn't it? Yes it is.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Functional bling, almost. They'll need some adjustment for straight.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19923[/ATTACH]

There's no human way possible to get those hoses started on those intake ducts working from underneath on a creeper. Can't be done (by me at least). Next week I'll take Red to the road racing guy who has a lift. At least he can stand up and work on it.
          there is so much win in Pdub modding his car for racing, I just don't know where to start

I think I'd paint collars black or grey - then they don't bling so much... my
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

too much?

Last edited by Beagle; March 31, 2013, 09:52 AM.
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Beagle, you mean... Cut off nose to spite your face sorta thing?

I think he is bragging and challenging you dweebs to break his record, if you dare....

Comment

I really wanted to go after it but the 6 cylinder I have in the barn is the only thing I have that would be small enough for the class. My t/a engine is about a liter too big.
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                  Just a note, make sure you look behind where your cutting and make sure there's nothing there that your not suppose to cut....

One job I worked at there was this guy who drilled into his finger. He was drilling a pilot hole for a 1/2" chassis punch into a 4 inch raceway. So he goes to the foreman showing him his injury. The foreman gives him a bandaid and tells him to put a piece of wood inside the raceway to stop the drill. Very next hole, no wood, drills exactly into the same spot on his finger! That was on my first week of the job. He got fired at the end of the week, found out I was hired to replace him.
                  Tom
                  Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Working...
                  X