Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a better company in the Car Junkie world than Edelbrock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is there a better company in the Car Junkie world than Edelbrock?

Jeff, what domestic intake was your Chinese one copied from? I can't remember seeing one anything like it, but since it's professional products, it's gotta be an edelbrock clone right?? :

;D
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

It is very close to a Bowtie, just has bigger runners.

I am getting my popcorn out this is going to get good.
      2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Proffessional Products I thought was Korean? I have some beef with thier casting techniques but being an EFI type guy... I'm typically just happy if someone produces one with bungs or atleast pads in it.
        Central TEXAS Sleeper
        USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

I put a lot of work in mine its not a bolt on for sure, but it looks it from the outside.

Comment

Prof Products has some good ideas though. Stuff like manifolds that will fit multiple heads, like the one that will fit a Dodge LA SB head or a Magnum head.
            Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
            1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
            1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
            1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
            1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
            1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Now, who did they steal that from???????????????? :'(

Comment

They stole it from China.... of course... LOL

K

Comment

...So what you guys are saying is that there isnt a flood of reverse-engineered products pouring into North America from Chinese factories? And that the communist government in China recognises and respects copyrights and intellectual property?

How could we be so mis-informed? : Must be that the patent-holders are imagining having to compete with knock offs of their own designs... :

Comment

to answer the question the thread posted, NO. there isnt a better company.

Comment

the only way they would be better is if they gave all their parts away for free :o

Comment

lets hear it for dart , afr , and brodix
                        vic is a great guy , at the 92 chevy LT1 intro at sema , he sat next to me .
                        another time , vic had smokey's 67 camaro at sema , we waited for 3 hours to hear it drive around the building , that was great

Comment

This thread has been interesting.
                          dart , afr , brodix…. Hmmm, these guys did me no good when I was building a Buick, and still, totally useless to me.
                          It’s interesting hearing Ford/Chevy/Chrysler guys complain about small nuances when you can all simply go out and buy a totally new 450 horse crate motor for a couple grand from a number of suppliers, or a total plug and play FI system while us independents out here are just happy to get things like an intake designed using modern technology like an air gap, or feel like we hit the lotto if we find a good used 401 block.
                          For me it’s worth it to have something unique and it’s a trade-off I would make any day! The rest of you guys need to realize that the efforts of Edelbrock to support us, and keep us in the game are both atypical, and mucho appreciated.

Comment

Here Here!! Although I'm having to develop alternative supply chains for the six and the Nailhead. But thanks to the the internet, you CAN find stuff these days. Bang for the buck is nonexistent.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                            X