Speed Guilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
    I agree with one minor exception... Just BUILD Red2...
    See.. Sue does not wanna ride in a caged car.. Thus he needs to keep Red1... Red2 can be stripped, bigger brakes, caged... He already has Bubba, thus pulling a trailer is not a problem...

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
      Oh my. The funnel. The hotrod financial vortex to depletion. Oh my. Oh noooo....Sue Unit's already mad at you guys already, enablers as you all are. Oh my. Oh noooo....A K-Mart sized building in the back yard with a lift, and...oh noooooo
      Gravel driveway, jacks and a forklift for us.. No high flaughtin hoist!

Comment

We are not enablers, we are supporters!

Here is another vote for building another one. Think of it, a tube frame car with a glass body set up to do everything you want, road course, LSR, everything..... You know you want it. If not that way, then another car entirely that you can beat on and not feel bad about it. It is entirely sane to own multiple cars for different types of racing and enjoyment.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
          Gravel driveway, jacks and a forklift for us.. No high flaughtin hoist!
          You're a big help Bob. I really appreciate all of that.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
            You're a big help Bob. I really appreciate all of that.
            Merely helping you scratch the itch....

(that didn't sound RIGHT!)

Just want you to be able to sit in your rockin chair, saying to yourself.. "I done did dat!" and smile!

I wanted badly to travel and derby with the best, never got to.. Now I am helping the kids do that, thus that has to be enough...

Comment

Just relax! The reality is that you did it and no one else has. Simple as that. Low hanging fruit that someone else can harvest if they want - but so far no one has. You got it fair and square.

My C/DT record was taken by a guy who did just >< THAT much more than I did. Good for him! I may run Truck again and maybe I'll have >< more than the other guy - or we may both get blown away by someone who read the rule book and is serious about it. More low hanging fruit for sure. No one "owns" a record at ECTA or Bonneville or anywhere else. We curate them until someone else with a better idea and/or more money comes along. You set the bar and now it's there for someone else to jump over.

BTW - there was a MC racer who was the high points guy for several years and he was no more serious about it than you were. He simply scoured the rule book for weird classes (lots of 'em in the MC class structure) and picked bikes to run them. No one beat him up over that.

Deep breaths.......

Dan

Comment

So. Ya started this amatuer driving career and have had nationwide success in your first try...and now...... your just gonna throw all that away and quit.

Quitter.
                Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Took me 9 years of getting beat to win my first main event..
                  Always in the $$ or trophy.. But the top dog... 9 years..

Comment

Working...
                  X