Looking for Burnout Rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Burnout Rims

The tires that were on Red when I bought him were genuine first-quality Nankang 235/50 R18's. They are 8 inches wide at the tire bead. Rated at 120 mph, and I think I nearly slung them apart while I was playing with Red on the interstate one day soon after I got him. **WHEW*** never even looked at the tires until I needed some better ones for The Mile.

Great burnout fodder. I've done internet searches....I can't find solid steel cop car rims, the cheapest thing going in 18 inches.

I wanna do a burnout, I wanna burn those tires off till they shred. And I can do it twice, I've got 4 of them. Can't find the rims for it. 18's are hard to find. Red's spare wheel in the trunk is a solid steel cop car rim, but it's a 17.

Any ideas where to look?
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

what happened to the old ones that came on the car ?
    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
      what happened to the old ones that came on the car ?
      Sold them, G-Force tires attached. To help pay the bill for Red's new 10-inch wheels and tires for the road course.

Comment

Wheel Vintique. But that will be new prices. I'd just sell the tires.
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

No junkyards around you have anything?
          I'm probably wrong

Comment

If your rear brakes aren't monstrous, would 15's, 16's or 17's fit?

That opens you to the whole jeep/ford ranger junkyard expanse... but if all you wanna do is roast those old tires, I'd look for some used mustang rims, lol...
            Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

peewee, search your local craigslist. Just search Mustang---there should be a shit ton of used rims you can pick up for a song that will fit Red.
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Make an offer of 75 bucks or less and you'll probably own all four of these and won't have to pay for mounting the tires you have!

Comment

Originally posted by andy30thz View Post
                  Make an offer of 75 bucks or less and you'll probably own all four of these and won't have to pay for mounting the tires you have!

http://chattanooga.craigslist.org/pts/3708986648.html

Cool beans! Thanks so much! I don't have any idea how to look for stuff.

Text sent to seller. Did I ever say I love BS?

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                    ....I can't find solid steel cop car rims, the cheapest thing going in 18 inches.

I wanna do a burnout, I wanna burn those tires off till they shred. And I can do it twice, I've got 4 of them. Can't find the rims for it. 18's are hard to find. Red's spare wheel in the trunk is a solid steel cop car rim, but it's a 17.

Any ideas where to look?
                    Ford's latest cop car spec Taurus and Explorers have 18" as standard size wheel. You should be able to find some of them used by now. Are you looking for two or four wheels?
                    FKA Redragtop
                    (formerly known as)

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
                      Ford's latest cop car spec Taurus and Explorers have 18" as standard size wheel. You should be able to find some of them used by now. Are you looking for two or four wheels?
                      Two would be primo, all I need

Comment

Burned my phone battery out texting the dude. He sold the wheels/tires to a guy who got them home and decided they wouldn't fit what he had. So the original seller has sent me the buyer's contact number so If I want them...original seller "thinks" they are 16's. reminds me of an episode where I was gonna buy some brakes in a mall parking lot one time.....kinda similar.

Naw....nope, nope. That wouldn't help me fry the 18's I have stacked under the house. I want to kill those tires, something awful and something fun.
                        Last edited by pdub; April 1, 2013, 06:13 PM.

Comment

You will get some "gear" if those are shorter than the ones you got, easier to spin...

Comment

Working...
                          X