No announcement yet.

Gas or Diesel ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spraying piss into the exhaust system in order to clean up emissions is a waste of time...... Just more crap to break down......

Last edited by TC; April 1, 2013, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Hmmmm... why do I think this thread is going to derail into an argument about politics and the environment. Maybe this time I'll avoid that normal crap and go straight to religion..... it's all the pope's fault - he washed some chick's feet - that's why we're putting pee in our diesels.

too bad, I was hoping for a primer as to the what, why, and how manufacturers are complying with the law.... without the banned BS
      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; April 1, 2013, 03:16 PM.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

My bud has a 86 Jimmy that is mint! THe previuous owner swapped out the 6.2 for a 6.5 and it runs great on Home heating oil to boot. Another friend has a 82 Seville diesel that he had the motor redone on and the head bolts and some other stuff updated by a diesel shop in CT and that runs like a champ too. 30 mpg even.

Comment

Originally posted by antmnte View Post
          My bud has a 86 Jimmy that is mint! THe previuous owner swapped out the 6.2 for a 6.5 and it runs great on Home heating oil to boot. Another friend has a 82 Seville diesel that he had the motor redone on and the head bolts and some other stuff updated by a diesel shop in CT and that runs like a champ too. 30 mpg even.
          the 6.2 and 6.5 are the same motor

the last itineration of the 5.7 - the DX block, solved the problems of the prior versions; but by then it was far too little and far too late to save GM's failure. So yes, they got amazing mpg - my dad had one in his 76 El Camino (I'm not sure I ever counted the number of ways I hated that car... whatever, it was a lot of ways).
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Was one better than the other (6.2 6.5) ? The truck has a new 6.5 in it,the body only has about 40k on it. The PO was a GM mechanic and did the swap.

Comment

Why piss in exhaust or whatever?
              Seems to me heated piss will gag the driver by the exhaust?!

Comment

Does anyone else find it disgusting that when your driving behind one of these diesel trucks with a Urine System that you are essentially breathing Piss Vapor, that can not be healthy!!!!!!.........

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                  Does anyone else find it disgusting that when your driving behind one of these diesel trucks with a Urine System that you are essentially breathing Piss Vapor, that can not be healthy!!!!!!.........
                  Very disgusting, very disturbing... Who in their right of mind thinks a bodily waste is good?
                  Brings to mind, as a former sheep farmer, how the hell do they collect sheep piss??

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                    I'm pretty sure all odors are particulate in nature. Not sure I want to go where this is heading...
                    "First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

Comment

Originally posted by PatricksDad View Post
                      I'm pretty sure all odors are particulate in nature. Not sure I want to go where this is heading...
                      Ok how about: why is urine injected into the engine/exhaust?
                      Why not WATER? or water/alky?

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                        Bob it's not injected into the motor it is injected after the motor into the exhaust system, where combustion is not really going on, which makes one wonder how much of the Urine is burnt off and how much makes it into the atmosphere for us to breath......

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                          Mazda is bringing out a "low compression" (14:1) Diesel sedan (626/mazda6) later this year - no exhaust aftertreatment whatsoever, and no DEF

I'm betting the aftermarket will soon have "DEF Delete kits" for "off road use only" if they don't already.
                          Didn't read anything after this yet, but there already are "DEF delete" programs. One of the programmer companies is getting fined or sued by the EPA for it. I want to say Edge, but I don't think that's it.

Wouldn't a lower CR lower fuel economy as well? Just to get lower PPM per gallon, but use more gallons to do it, in turn spewing out more particulate matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                            Water won't react chemically with the whatever exhaust particle the EPA is currently focused on.

Comment

Damn, we should get cats, birds, dogs, deer, cows, horses, etc etc etc etc to stop pissing into the wind.
                              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Dan- I haven't read up on the source for the Cruze just yet, but it's not offered in a long roof. The longroof Jetta comes in fully loaded under $30k, not sure what your budget is.

As for the CSI, seems unless it was branded Honda or Toyota it never did so well. Just in my immediate family we've had '84 Rabbit diesel (265k miles & counting), '85 Golf diesel (retired with 160k miles after an accident), '86 Golf diesel (140k miles & counting), '88 Jetta gas (95k totaled in an accident), '89 Jetta diesel (130k miles and counting), '95 Jetta gas (145k miles and counting), and '13 Beelte diesel (just a baby). Then there's the half dozen or more between extended family and friends. If maintained properly, haven't had a issue.

Finally, the urea (35% in deionized water) reacts with the NOx in the exhaust to cause a chemical reaction to produce Nitrogen and and H2O. Saying it's cow piss in the tank is like saying you wrap your sandwich in crude oil because you use plastic wrap.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X