CNG convetions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CNG convetions?

I scored a beater v10 f250 not a bad ride for the price and should be a good tow rig. Kinda looking into CNG convertions, anybody here done one? I think I want to try this.

Crown Vics were available from the factory as CNG - the trick would be finding one in a yard to rob the parts from....
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

you in the wholesale used car business ?

Comment

Shawn - you could always do a cummins conversion.... Natural gas refueling stations aren't even as common as E85 stations?

keep your eyes out for a rusty clapped out dodge diesel - unfortunately lots of folks are so you'll have to be in the right place at the right time.
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

why not a power stroke ?? hahahahah

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
            you in the wholesale used car business ?
            Feels like that some times! I work in nataural gas exsploration

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
              Shawn - you could always do a cummins conversion.... Natural gas refueling stations aren't even as common as E85 stations?

keep your eyes out for a rusty clapped out dodge diesel - unfortunately lots of folks are so you'll have to be in the right place at the right time.
              There seems to a couple CNG staions in your area and grand rapids, lookss like home stations are not worth it. But wonder if more stations are coming.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                Crown Vics were available from the factory as CNG - the trick would be finding one in a yard to rob the parts from....
                Yap check AZ for stuff like that, for a bunch of years the cops were running around in CNG powered cars, plus many of the state and county cars were CNG powered......
                Last edited by TC; April 1, 2013, 01:39 PM.

Comment

my DOT inspector had a state CNG honda
                  the nat gas dos not have much range

Comment

EPA is making it too expensive to run a diesel, in a few years dry fuels will be more available than e85 ever dreamed of being.
                    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I started writing a response about how CNG doesn't make any economic sense because, at least in Houston, the 2 retailers always marked the price up to match the gasoline equivalent. But low and behold, I decided to check today, and found out that there are now 4 retailers in Houston selling CNG for between $2.19 and $2.24 a GGE (Gasoline Gallon Equivalent). That's about 35% discount to regular in this city. Than's a nice discount, but the limited range of CNG tanks and only 4 stations in a city of 5 million is still an obstacle.

Edit: On a Diesel Gallon Equivalent, CNG prices out at $2.92
                      Last edited by Aircooled; April 1, 2013, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X