Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pima Air and Space Museum tour - 100 pics of cool aviation stuff.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pima Air and Space Museum tour - 100 pics of cool aviation stuff.

Last week my kids were on spring break. The older ones are not interested in hanging out with dad but the little one is always up for a day with me.

So we hit up the local Air and Space Museum. It is a huge complex with some nice quality aircraft and some less that ugly displays but it is still to see rare and unusual aircraft even if they are beat up and rough.

I am not going to post each pic individually, there is just too many but I did snap off over 100 pics for your viewing pleasure. I also am not going to narrate the photos, as much as I would like to, I just don’t have the time.

Here is the link to the Album; I hope you all dig it.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
    Last edited by JOES66FURY; April 2, 2013, 09:51 AM.
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

I had to spend a weekend in Tuscon a while back and thoroughly enjoyed an afternoon there. Lots of really unusual and one-off stuff.

Thanks for the pictures, as all the ones I took were lost in a basement flood.
    Last edited by PatricksDad; April 2, 2013, 09:34 AM.
    "First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

Comment

Thanks for posting those Joe-
      Phil / Omaha

Comment

I appologize now they are out of order and there are lots of duplicates. When I created the album the computer started acting up and kept crashing and creating additional pics for some reason. I will try to edit them but I dont think I can from this computer.
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

that is a cool place.

I was flicking through finding the 707 based airframes.
          I found the two.

the model I worked with is junked.(I am glad)
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

My favorite place to go in Tucson. My wife jokes that I give a better tour than the Docents who work there. Have not been since the B-36 got rolled out.

Comment

We went through there some years ago, boy was it HOT. Is the Blackbird still there?

Comment

Yeah, along w/ an engine display... Jeez, a Superfortress and two Connies in the same place. Awesome. Thanks for pics...I need to go to that place. There's stuff there I've never seen before.

Comment

Originally posted by GH View Post
                  We went through there some years ago, boy was it HOT. Is the Blackbird still there?
                  Yes, that Balckbird used to be outside in the elements. I used to volunteer there about 20 years ago. The B-29 was a recent aquasition...anyway, the balckbird was outside under a makeshift sunshade, no engines or anything. It was in sad shape. It is inside now, a real nice display all around it with an engine on the ground so you can see the details. There are quite a few pics in the album of it.

Blackbird engine

Blackbird landing gear

Comment

Very cool. My dad, son and I were there last July.
                    Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                    74 Nova Project
                    66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                    79 Chevy Truck Project
                    1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

NICE, thanks
                      STUGOTS

Comment

That is too cool! I've always been fascinated by SR-71's, and they've got a Huey, Apache, Cobra, Guppy, B1... that was a good day.
                        I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by groucho View Post
                          NICE, thanks
                          I thought you would enjoy it...I still want to do something for the boneyard for you but I just never seem to have time...

Comment

In case you dont know, this is the GAU-8 (30mm), the gatlin gun from the A-10. this is an enormous weapon system when it is installed, the whole system takes up much of the aircraft.

this is the gun and system installed...

Last edited by JOES66FURY; April 2, 2013, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Tits!!!!
                              Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Working...
                              X