Re Buying speed parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re Buying speed parts

As I ordered a Barton shifter for my 2013 Mustang to replace the Hurst I put in the (as it had no reverese lock out and I did not like the feel) wondered how many of us have bought a part then changed it soon after. I have friends that would never do such a thing every widget is there for life. With this it's about getting the feel right. I am sure all the hard core guys go thru a pile of cams, gears, torque converters, tires

I rarely do, but I research the snot out of anything I buy usually. More than anything it's because I do not like to do things twice!
    Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
    1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
    1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
    1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
    1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
    1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Will that Hurst shifter fit my 08?!

The upside of people buying performance parts and not liking them is the abundance of cheap performance parts for po' folk!

I read a research anything I want to buy...I just dont get a lot cuz I am po'white trash.
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I change stuff I make, as for shifters.
        That is probably going to be a bigger memory later on. I save stuff today.

in the 90s, I "got rid" of a 250ci, barely a 100k motor. Being an aircraft mechanic, I even got some of the oldest versions of synthetic...carb was aced by the time the rambling was done (todays monojet thread).

all that thinking it was hopeless in air fuel. An offy intake and four barrel later, would have been clean history in the making...
        I recently found a 292, 103k..and still monojet. Seems I can make up for being impatient.

Don't get me thinking, premature scrappings.

sometimes speed parts is for correct, not just speed. that is where my biggest pile is. I feel bad.

I even have a 1781cc boxer that closes the damper at 75-90 cruising.

patience.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

shifters are a pretty personal thing - some guys love B&M, others Hurst, others winters or only OEM.

We build these cars to make us smile - if something is frustrating about the car - it gets changed. Sure - it sucks to do things twice or three times - but sometimes you have to in order to get things the way they make you smile.

You can't always try something before you buy it - and every time that happens you run the risk of not liking it - it's just part of the deal.
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Anderson View Post
            As I ordered a Barton shifter for my 2013 Mustang to replace the Hurst I put in the (as it had no reverese lock out and I did not like the feel) wondered how many of us have bought a part then changed it soon after. I have friends that would never do such a thing every widget is there for life. With this it's about getting the feel right. I am sure all the hard core guys go thru a pile of cams, gears, torque converters, tires
            We had names for guys like that at Loper's, one guy did it so much he was dub'd Mr. Return........

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
              Will that Hurst shifter fit my 08?!

The upside of people buying performance parts and not liking them is the abundance of cheap performance parts for po' folk!

I read a research anything I want to buy...I just dont get a lot cuz I am po'white trash.
              I was supose to send you the Pro 5.0 out of 05, sorry about that

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Anderson View Post
                I was supose to send you the Pro 5.0 out of 05, sorry about that
                LMAO..no worries...I forgot myself....
                If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

(kicks gravel, head bowed) yeah... " Seemed like a good idea at the time"

Took us oooohhh maybe 20 years to get the best damned derby shifter there is.. Add weight to the handle and on impact, it automatically shifts to the other direction, slap the handle, boom in the right gear..with P lock out .. Now with changes to our engine/tranny and firewall, trying cable..
                  Can't tell you how many I modified (read, f'd up)

Comment

Working...
                  X