Work shop forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work shop forum?

I know there are lots of smart dudes here and lots of well thought out custom made tools, well designed work shops, and interesting set ups of equipment and tools to make these cars we all love so much come to life.

I know there's garage journal - but there are a lot of guys over there who build crazy over the top garages that will never see the light of a welder, or hear the buzz of a grinder as the sparks fly.

I'm proposing we add a forum section for shop info, I think we all know how to build shelves or a work bench, but nothing beats pictures of how another BS'er has conquered a similar problem to the one staring you in the face.

Just a suggestion to see if there's interest.
    There's always something new to learn.

I like that idea.

rather than specific brand games, but generalization of stuff.. ones own mind gets the rest.

like the mig weld subject.. todays invertors are doing the old transformers 220v.. sentiment is not a good enough reason to keep that old.

I think it would help evolve old stuff better...even using old stuff.

I make a breaker bar out of a half inch ratchet.

Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Brilliant idea.
      "First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

Comment

Don't forget the important stuff................

STUGOTS

Comment

Here's a how not to build a shop/shed. Picture updates on page 1, 5, 7, video on page 7 and 17. > http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/sh...s-I-don-t-even
          "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by groucho View Post
            Don't forget the important stuff................

Damn - it's Thursday already ?
            Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
              Sure Happy It's Thursday.... Huh...

Comment

Sounds like an excellent idea. Good place for all those tricks-n-tips!
                Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Groucho's door of wheels was one of the things I had in mind.

Comment

I love that thought John. I have spent waaay too many hours staring at my workspace and scratching my--- er um head.

I've been working on mine for 5 or so years and still not happy. Oh and its too full already. I need to barrow a building stretcher if anyone has one .
                    A.K.A. Brian
                    Jack of many trades-master of none

Comment

DWB - Just do like I did and chain the front wall to the bumper of a big truck. It'll stretch right out. 'Course, my building is all steel so your results may vary but it might work.

John - we might want to go find my old "Building The Mezzanine" thread and add it to this. Seems like one of those bucket list shop build things. Count me in.

Dan

Comment

Nicks building thread along with others have been inspiring for sure - but the garage journal stuff just gets too over the top for me (some of them)

Porcelain tiles on a garage floor? Really? Some of those guys have cleaner garages than most operating rooms... some actually get real work done in them, but the over the top stuff just makes me feel like I'm in a country club instead of a work shop....

"YOU ... BUUUUUUY BUSHWOOD?!"
                        LOL

Comment

no doubt, many of those garages will see any actual work. Lots of neat stuff, but the cubic dollars spent on cosmetics boggles my mind. I would rather spend on the projects.
                          A.K.A. Brian
                          Jack of many trades-master of none

Comment

that's why we need a bangshift garage forum - I'd like to see more of MP&C's equipment - Lord knows I'll never have a set up or skills like his - but a guy can dream!

Jeremy has posted some really cool art projects too - built from car parts. Neat stuff.

I have no idea the IT nightmare it might be to re - assemble threads into a new category, but perhaps it's not a painful nightmare - I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post

It's not just Thursday at Groucho's, it's "Bourbon Thursday"!
                              sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Working...
                              X