Work shop forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by groucho View Post
    Around 1983 I was 28 yrs old and full of steam. I had a 77-78 Vette with all the bullshit (Cruise, AC, etc) with a rod knock. On a 105 degree day, in my Mom's yard (I lived in an apartment then, and Dad wasn't around) I yanked the motor, pulled the one head on the side of the spun rod brng, pushed all the pistons/rods away from the crank, pulled the crank and went over to my machinist/friend's house. He pressed a good used rod on the piston, sold me a good used crank with the right size brngs (and gskts).......I put the motor together, back in the car, took a shower and was off to pick my chick up by 5 PM. All in one day. NO bullshit! I don't think I could do that shit in a week today.
    YOUTH! How I (we all) miss it!
    Couple years ago at a derby 3 hrs away, young guy that pitted with us had his tranny case crack in the heat.. Since he qualified, he swapped a good one into his car in 18 min, from tow truck dropping him off to running and helmet on, lined up for the main!

Comment

I don't miss youth at all. Actually, I have no memory of it.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        I don't miss youth at all. Actually, I have no memory of it.

Dan

I'm still learning

Comment

Hey milner351 !!
          That's really a great idea!!
          Its really an awesome place!!
          automatic gates

Comment

Originally posted by beenwilles View Post
            Hey milner351 !!
            That's really a great idea!!
            Its really an awesome place!!
            automatic gates
            US version: http://liftmaster.com/lmcv2/pages/pr...aspx?typeid=16
            The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Gene - I still have not been successful in luring you and yours to our place for a garage door install and party - at some point - this will be remedied! ;-)
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
              X