Congrats Bob Holmes!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats Bob Holmes!!!!!

At getting some Ink in the March 2013 issue of Popular Hot Rodding on page 80..... I was over at a friends house yesterday and was flipping through his issue(I don't subscribe) and came across this....

Control Your Geeks
    Advanced EFI technology is a fantastic thing that allows a few keystrokes to alter just about any point of an engine's performance and driving manners. That can yield fantastic results, like radical, high power combinations that are surprisingly street friendly, but the problem is that you can also dig deep into the tables chasing a level of perfection that's unachievable. Hot Head's Bob Holmes explained that while there may be a theoretically perfect group of specs that would result in the ideal tune, in practice, it's more like a range of specs. Case in point: In preparation for the EMC, the Hot Heads team once spent a solid weekend making over 200 dyno pulls and constantly making minor adjustments to the engine and the tune. In the end, they gained almost nothing, except a lot of wear on the engine. At the highest levels of competition, this many be justifiable for minute gains, but in the world of street cars and even weekend warriors, constant tweaking of the tune becomes more of an academic debate than a practical result......
    Congrats Bob, well said.......

Yeah Bob H!!!!

Dan

Comment

words of true knowledge.

the big stretching rubber band called air could care less about tweaks.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I am trying to remember what weekend we spent tuning with no gains? guess I wasnt there for that one.
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Meh...

You're just poking the bear again.

Once you've worked with the press for a while, you find out that you said a whole bunch of stuff that you didn't say. The stuff in print is a distillation of a long conversation.

During that weekend we made a lot of pulls, and made a lot of gains. The point that I was trying to make was that you need to be careful about wearing out your engine, after you've made repeatable pulls and the gains begin to diminish. We'd had a number of mechanical failures the previous couple of years and needed to get a healthy engine to the competition.

I jokingly said that you "need to control your geeks" and it became a catch phrase for the paragraph. Be careful what you say around folks that buy ink by the barrel. No criticism was meant for our tuning team, they are the best.

Meh...

NOTHING TO SEE HERE FOLKS, JUST ANOTHER JAB IN A LONG FIGHT.
          Last edited by Bob Holmes; April 5, 2013, 10:29 AM. Reason: I don't appreciate being used as a foil in another of TCs attempts to start a fight.
          I'm still learning

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
            Meh...

You're just poking the bear again.

its a lot easier than hotrodding.

love,
            The Bear
            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
              I am trying to remember what weekend we spent tuning with no gains? guess I wasnt there for that one.
              Though there is a picture of you with the article......

Comment

See my edited first comment.

The picture is from the event.
                I'm still learning

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                  Though there is a picture of you with the article......

hard work = success, I will gladly comgratulate you when your pic gets in a magazine someday. but that pile of parts wont install itself, best log off and get crackin' son!

Comment

TC, pretty lame ass way to turn something positive into chapter 2,301 of "I want to piss Scott off." I am about out of gas with it.
                    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

congratulations on the sensationalized quotes

Comment

LOL

Thanks Spidey.
                        I'm still learning

Comment

bring back scott parkhurst

Comment

Any ink is good ink!
                            Altho positive ink is better than negative..
                            Yep! Words DO get twisted out of context when interviewed by papers and I'm sure mags...
                            So enjoy your spot in the spotlight and ignore the shadow that is trying to dim it..

Comment

Awesome job Bob! Now I have to get that issue of PHR!

Comment

Working...
                              X