X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aren't they on the May issue now?
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Christopher Campbell is an excellent writer. My point about chasing the "perfect" tune is valid, as is the issue of wearing out an engine chasing the perfect tune. I think something was lost in the translation over 200 pulls with minor gains. We made about 170 pulls, made giant strides, and got down to minor improvements by the end of the weekend. Which is where you want to go.

I just object to the attempt by TC to bludgeon Scott with the quotes. Pisses me off. Its childish and I'm sick of the entire freaking thing.
      I'm still learning

Comment

The point is Bob, you could of got any number of thousands of silent tuners and done the same exact thing. It wasn't Scott that made that power, it was you. [/sarcasm]
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

(-/-)

Randal, you did more to make that effort succesful than I did. LOL
          I'm still learning

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
            TC, pretty lame ass way to turn something positive into chapter 2,301 of "I want to piss Scott off." I am about out of gas with it.
            I've got to say, unless the "eye in the sky" has deleted some posts from this thread, DG's defenders are overreacting.

There's nothing in the OP that ought to offend anyone. And the fact that TC posted it doesn't change that (I saw the reference to Bob Holmes a while back, but was simply too lazy to post it).

It also says something most of us already know is true . . . at the top levels of competition . . . almost any competition . . . you can spend huge time and money chasing minor gains and "perfection". . . not practical for those on the street or with small budgets. And plenty of honest tuner "geeks" (if that's what we're going to call 'em today) will advise their low-buck customers of that.

Also, as someone who has worked in journalism as well as been misquoted in the press, I've got to give the benefit of the doubt to PHR on this one. It's clearly a paraphrase, not a direct quote . . . and interview subjects often leave out details or think they've said something other than what the interviewer hears. I doubt that if the interviewee clearly said "We made about 170 pulls [and] made giant strides . . . " the writer would have written exactly the same paragraph. (of course, only those who were there know what was said)

And considering that there aren't any numbers associated with the "gains," how to generalize about them drifts in to the realm of opinion. 2lbs/ft on a NASCAR restrictor mill or a BMC A-series might be huge . . . 2lbs/ft on Larson's Nova or even a budget JY SBC might be almost nothing. The writer implicitly recognized this.

While I'm entertained by DG versus TC as much as anyone, this just shouldn't be a controversy, IMHO.
            Last edited by 38P; April 5, 2013, 12:15 PM.

Comment

TC, pretty lame ass way to turn something positive into chapter 2,301 of "I want to piss Scott off." I am about out of gas with it.
              Sorry Brian I posted this to congratulate Bob and nothing more......

Comment

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
                While I'm entertained by DG versus TC as much as anyone, this just shouldn't be a controversy, IMHO.
                My wife starts better fights..

TC & DG need to have a beer, punch each other in the nose, have another beer & listen to some Todd.

Comment

Originally posted by tardis454 View Post
                  My wife starts better fights..

TC & DG need to have a beer, punch each other in the nose, have another beer & listen to some Todd.

Honestly man, I have PM'd Scott over the years quite a few times and tried to make peace with him. But for whatever reason he feels he needs to call me out and talk crap about me.... Thing is I get made out to be the bad guy, cause Scott has so many friends on this board that automatically take his side.... Nobody on this board is better than anyone else and I'm damned if I'm going to let some guy shit on me without standing my ground..... If you really go back and read the threads, you'll see I'm not the one that starts the name calling and disrespect, it will always be Scott......

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                    Sorry Brian I posted this to congratulate Bob and nothing more......
                    Well when the guy you are "thanking" even thinks you are taking a back handed swipe at someone, that's saying something.
                    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Well when the guy you are "thanking" even thinks you are taking a back handed swipe at someone, that's saying something.
                      People can think what they want, I saw the article at my friends house when thumbing through the mag, thought it was cool and didn't see anyone post about it here and thought it would be cool to give Bob the recognition.... That is all this thread was suppose to be about, sorry if others wanted to make it more, it was purely not my intent.....

Comment

It's saying that some folks are being a little too "hair-triggered," IMHO. It ought to take a lot more overt of a "metamessage" for everyone to instantly jump to "DEFCON 1." (How's that for an obscure film reference, Mr. Dulcich?)

While I'm not sure I believe all of TC's protestations about who's "always" the aggressor, he deserves the benefit of the doubt on this thread.

Comment

I don't post a lot but I'm on here most days and I sure know what TC's post was all about. Brian I can hardly wait for your tank to run dry.

Comment

Working...
                          X