Your Brain Makes Your Hands Do it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Brain Makes Your Hands Do it

I can't get to sleep tonight, I've tried. I won't work. Not yet. And all of the lying down grinding my eyes only led to a profound revelation. Please help me laugh at this. I'm back up and trying to document the profound revelation that fell upon me when I was trying to go to sleep but couldn't.

Your brain makes your hands do what they do.

My brain makes me light another cigarette and open another beer. My brain makes my hands do it.

Maybe the brain makes the hands spoon in more food than is needed, a different thing than what I have going on with the beer and cigarettes.

Great painters, sculptors, artists, their brain makes their hands do it. Great musicians, whatever instruments, same thing.

Race car drivers, same thing. Builders of engines, same thing.

Politicians, their brain makes their mouths work. No hands involved, the only exception to my theory.

But for most things that actually happen in the world, how can you not deduct that the brain makes the hands do it?
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Congrats for having a one sided version of a conversation weed addled freshman college kids have every weekend.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Oh. Okay.

Comment

if to speak involuntary actions..

yeah the brain runs deep.
        defense mostly. Balance.. although that is defense too isn't it.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

You know all I really want to know is if they called Jello Asphalt and Asphalt Jello, would we be driving on roads made of Jello and eating bowls full of Asphalt??........

Comment

I've always wondered if our taste buds are the same.........we are taught as children when a food is presented to us, to associate that particular 'taste' to it. But since we are individuals, does what tastes like 'chicken' to me, taste like tuna, to you? Hard to explain this......but the same applies to smells......gettin' pretty abstract here, sorry.
            Last edited by oletrux4evr; April 5, 2013, 07:27 PM.
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Ed, my wife still argues with me on the smell thing after I break wind. She doesn't think it smells like roses at all.
              Last edited by Brian Lohnes; April 5, 2013, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                Ed, my wife still argues with me on the smell thing after I break wind. She doesn't think it smells like roses at all.
                My wife has that same opinion.......but only in regards to certain bodily functions.......
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

So, where do we stand as far as profound revelations are concerned?

Comment

Well, I've got a few, and I'm not even 'weed addled'.......the first one is this: You, PeeWee, have a knack for opening up threads which at first appear to be just fluff, but they almost always result in some very good conversations. Even on a car site, it's nice to have some 'down home' discussions. We do that in the garage all the time and never think twice about it. IMHO, you should keep it up. Sometimes I'll have some input, sometimes I won't, but everybody here has the same options.
                    And I'm 66. I can't remember the second one yet........
                    Oh......second point: Cars, women, booze, brain vs hands, it all helps us get to know each other in more than one plane. That's a good thing. Now go to sleep, friend.
                    Last edited by oletrux4evr; April 5, 2013, 07:40 PM.
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Ed, waitin' to see you and Mary and Earl in Tennessee. Unit can't wait to meet y'all and see Earl, I showed her the photo.

Comment

I'm firmly strapped down in my chair waiting to find out what makes the legs "do it".

Comment

I'm firmly strapped down in my chair waiting to find out what makes the legs "do it".
                          Usually it's a nice scratch on the chest, between the front legs. Sometimes a vigorous one in the flank........

Last edited by oletrux4evr; April 5, 2013, 07:52 PM.
                          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

You got a photo of that Brian?

Comment

Pdub, when I cant sleep I build a car in my mind. Plan out the build, what body, color, engine, trans, gears, special mods, and of course imagine the wheels, tires and killer stance. Then I go about building it, putting the pistons on the rods, stuffing the crank in the block, then shoving the pistons in the bores, install the cam, degree it and make changes with offset keys or with the gears, put the heads on, etc... then start building the transmission, and usually while cleaning the parts for the trans I drift off to sleep to have gearhead dreams of wheelstanding sleepers and naked women riding along with the 5 point covering their bits and pieces.

Comment

Working...
                              X