Nascar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nascar

Does Nascar win the award for the absolute worst web site in racing?

Today I went to their site to see the results from Martinsville and when you click on results from today's race it takes you to Texas Motor Speedway.

How much are they paying the web master who runs their site?

The next worst web site I visit is the NHRA site which is another mess for many different reasons.

Both of these racing groups make tons of money and yet have web sites that don't work very well.

Just my opinion. Jimbo

It's simple you run your business with the least overhead to make maximum profits...... As long as people are buying the tickets and they are putting money in their pockets, the way things are run are not important.......

Comment

Jimbo, I'm sure you're not wrong.

There's a businesss in there for somebody, building a website that works. Like you, I don't see why somebody can't.

Cudos to Brian and Chad for making this one work like it should.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Your comment was the following:

It's simple you run your business with the least overhead to make maximum profits...... As long as people are buying the tickets and they are putting money in their pockets, the way things are run are not important.......

I don't thing you have been following what's been going on with Nascar or the NHRA Both are way off where they used to be for a number of reasons. Just a few are the economy, lack of interest because of not putting on a very good show, and costs just to name a few.

Have you noticed that Nascar no longer posts attendance numbers? A few months back they posted 60 or 70 thousand tickets were sold for a Truck race at Texas and someone posted that if there were 60,000 people in the stands there they must have come disgusted as empty seats!!!!!!!

When the TV people are showing the race they try very hard to only show the cars on the track and not very many shots of the stands for a very good reason.

My original question of why they cannot have a web site where links work and things function correctly is behind me because I am sure they must be hiring people who's job it is is to make sure everything works correctly.

Just my opinion. Jimbo

Comment

Jimbo....they don't care what you want, only care about what they want. This has been going on ever since Big Bill (France) died.
          Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
          The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Big Dave:

I believe you might be right about that.

The old saying sometimes you are to close to the forest to see the trees lives on with both NASCAR and the NHRA.

Jimbo

Comment

SERVICE, no matter the industry..sucks big time... Us of a certain age notice that..
              Of the 20 plus restraunts in my small 3 stop light town, I eat at 2 because of food and service..
              I do not shop at the local NAPA.. they are rude and generally give the wrong part ..
              Sadly I see it alot.

Comment

Working...
              X