71 Meyer Manx Sr Baldwin Motion Mini-Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 71 Meyer Manx Sr Baldwin Motion Mini-Car

"This is a 1971 Meyer Manx Sr. It is a very rare car since Meyer only built about 200 of them but this is the only one to go to Motion performance in Long Island for the Motion Mini car program. This car was used at the drag strips by Joel Rosen (owner of Motion) and Bill Mitchell (NHRA Champion) When they raced the Famous NHRA Record holder THUNDERBUG.This was the thunderbugs tow car. This car was in many magazines and is considered to be the rarest Motion of all. It is in pretty good shape but definitely showing its age.The paint is cracked and thats the worst part of the car but I would hate to paint it since it was painted by Ultra Automation, who painted all Baldwin Motion cars.The Manx runs fine and is still useing its original rear tires. The car has only 7330 original miles.It is very fun to drive. It gets lots of looks.This is a very rare opportunity to own a piece of Muscle car history! I also have the top for it. Please feel free to call or text (937)658-2717 with any questions you may have. $8,500 or possible trade.."

Thats pretty cool, if the documentation is there I dont think that price is too far off the mark (assuming it runs)
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Looks legit, STINEY would like this..

Comment

There is rare

and

There is desirable

Often.. those two things never meet
        sigpic

Comment

buggin

Comment

Stiney does like this. He really likes the faded lettering on the rear......he would remove the hippy-craptastic pychedelic-flower mess on the rest though.
            Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
              Stiney does like this. He really likes the faded lettering on the rear......he would remove the hippy-craptastic pychedelic-flower mess on the rest though.
              Thats the best part of the whole car.
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by BigDad View Post
                There is rare

and

There is desirable

Often.. those two things never meet
                So true
                STUGOTS

Comment

Pretty cool that it survived all these years though
                  STUGOTS

Comment

quite a story, bill Mitchell and the vw.
                    2.2L, 150 hp
                    two 48mm weber..
                    13.7 to 1

16 records in two days... april 1972
                    one is 11.09 @ 116mph.
                    the little 1781cc Subaru story I found was 114 at 14.5..crazy leaper half way down.

my fathers hippy bug predates it by 5 years.. I would not be surprised if it was an urban legend story that grabbed the real pros to build something.(him and his friend beat a brand new 396 - I mean right off the showroom floor in 1969)
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

It'd probably help if I posted the sales links to this car..

Comment

Motion Employee Bill Mitchell ran the quickest BUG in the country back then

Comment

Working...
                        X