2013 Anti-Tour....any news?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Anti-Tour....any news?

Anyone hear anything about the Anti-tour? I know they dont release the info until right before. I really want to go but need to plan ahead for the time off...if anyone hears anything can you give me a heads up.
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

They are going to Morro Bay for third year in a row. Neither Randal or I are going.

BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Ah, cool! Maybe the wife and I can make this one. Looks fun.

Comment

There is a Fun Ford event at Fomoso that Saturday, with an all cars welcome Sunday. I'm going to go do True Street at that deal. I prefer Anti-tours that go tracks, not car shows.
        Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
          They are going to Morro Bay for third year in a row.
          Lame.......
          Last edited by TC; April 9, 2013, 11:57 AM.

Comment

I think this would be a better time, I've met BearPhoto and he's a great guy, had a great time at his house at the first ever BS West BBQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
              well then *&^% it, I aint going....Maybe next year.
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

sounds good if you are out west

Comment

Morro Bay 3 years in a row ? YAWN !

I got to be part of the first anti-tour, hung out with every one when they came to phoenix, was a freakin blast, we need an anti-tour in texas ...

maybe I could put together somethin - Houston, San Antonio, Austin, back to Houston ..... hmmmmmmmmm
                  Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

I called it the annual Car Craft Morrow Bay tour.
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

never been but but your reaction I am gonna pass....I would like to go if you and/or Scott were going but otherwise...meh.

Comment

LOL! Well, screw you guys... I'm going since I haven't been on it before and apparently I'm not jaded yet ;) Sounds like fun to me...

Comment

Originally posted by mrocketscience View Post
                          LOL! Well, screw you guys... I'm going since I haven't been on it before and apparently I'm not jaded yet ;) Sounds like fun to me...
                          I sent in a couple suggestions including Buttonwillow Raceway and Sacto Raceway. I agree with Bill that the Anti Tour was supposed to be about driving your and racing it somewhere.

The drive up is beautiful. If you have a small tank, or get lousy mpg, be sure to top off in Ojai before heading up into.the hills.

Personally, I didnt want to spend the money that go into the cars on a trip I did last year.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Mrocketscience you absolutely should go as its a good group and its fun to hang out with the Car Craft guys. Speaking only for me, I did most of the first day of he El Morro deal the first year which was fine, but as I said I prefer racing on the track to lawn chairs. The drive they took on the first El Morto was very scenic, I'd never been on some of those roads and I driven a bunch in SoCal. I'd expect no less this year.i get limited track days with all the closures so I go racing when I can.
                            Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Hey Scott and Bill, I agree that I would rather race than sit any day. I thought about going to the Fun Ford race, but I'm going to race at Pomona NMCA a couple of weeks later so I decided to skip it. The Anti Tour sounded fun for my wife and I to cruise the big Catalina around a little, and spend the night in Morro Bay. It's got a big tank and lousy gas milage so we'll see how that goes.....

Comment

Working...
                              X