15 days til 1500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 days til 1500

The current countdown is 15 days until my father and I drive 1500 mile to Colorado and back for my sisters wedding. I will start by saying I am better off than he is. His 47 fleetmaster needed some paint issues fixed so it went off to body shop jail. Well it's ready for paint now but it is getting very close to d day.
    I on the other hand have my 84 mustang that we swapped to efi. It has taken longer than we thought but with me living 100 miles away and with a little one its tough. As of right now the car runs great. Bearings packed, brakes bled, dash is together, and it does one hell of a smoke show.
    I got my trailer hitch 98% done and some other little things done that I need to. So I decided to take it back home and put some miles on it. Well everything was all fine and dandy until about 50 miles out my CD player was messing up. So instead of wrecking the car, I pulled over to try and fix it. As I pulled over, I pushed in the clutch and it idled for about 30 sec then died. Insert loud curse words here. Won't start won't click nothing. Pulled CD player nothing. So I got a jump and headed back to dads. Pulled into shop and tried to duplicate it( headlights on fan on high) and everything looks normal. 14.2 at idle 13.5 with fan on 12.3 lights on. Can't figure it out. I got to take off for home due to a ice storm rolling in. (Gotta love Iowa!). So hopefully it's just in the CD player because I'm outta time, money, and vacation time.

Chalk this one up to joys of hot rodding. Rant over.
    Jeff
    Follow My Build

Well you got 14 days....
    Hope you find it...
    And hope your dad gets his done!

Comment

Hope you and your dad have a great time together. I took a few road trips with my dad. Some were when weren't getting along well at all. But, for some reason, on those roadtrips, we got on very well. Not sure why.

He's gone now. Sure wish I could take one with him. Enjoy the time you got.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I was looking for static changes you may have created in your post..
        bleeding brakes can do that.
        maybe you simply burped an electron monster.

Coincidentally, I am finalizing that invisible subject right now. Going to radio is very good..

ignition with a separate box is a one swap miracle. msd/accel etc. they got diodes and their own crystal.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

We are looking forward to the trip. Taking the boring i80 out then back we are going to head north and over not sure on the exact route yet. Dad got it narrowed down to the ground was honky. Going to figure that out and see. Also might be having problems with the volt regulator. Down to 13
          Jeff
          Follow My Build

Comment

Take ol hwy 30 .. You can stay on that for a lon distance ..I drive it all the time

way more to see than semi-trucks

Good luck on the trip !
            sigpic

Comment

Well it's 12:48 and so far we are back at square one. Bad altenator? Bad voltage regulator? Tried testing the regulator and the connector fell apart in my hand. Went to the local pull apart. Grabbed the only one there looks good got it home on the bench, wires pulled out. FML! The clips that hold the wire connector into the plastic plug are corroded to the point if no existants. Dads getting the altenator tested and seeing about new clips.

I really really really HATE deadlines. Like, ALOT!
              Hope every thing works out. I really don't want to drive the f150 to Denver. Especially after the mustang being down for more than a year.
              Jeff
              Follow My Build

Comment

I believe I got it figured out. Battery is good. Brand new altenator. Brand new voltage reg. Altenator is charging. It just won't keep up under full load. I will have to upgrade to a 130 amp altenator after we get back. Which I knew I was going to have to anyway. Just gonna have to keep an eye on it
                Jeff
                Follow My Build

Comment

Working...
                X