• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Siliconrubber windshield wipers...

SilBlade, PIAA....

Worth it?

Discuss...!
    www.BigBlockMopar.com

I use rain-x blades & fluid. They seem to last forever, and the blades on my car now are 3 years old.

I don't have to deal with too much snow & ice, so not sure if that's a factor.

I tried some silicone blades on the wife's minivan a while back and didn't see much benefit for the cost.
    Last edited by PatricksDad; April 9, 2013, 01:44 PM.
    "First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

Comment

I am way out of the loop on that stuff...
      worth a try.
      I got rubber chunks flapping in the breeze.

they could be 25 years old.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Reason for this topic was that I mounted new wipers on my daily last autumn and now a little over a half year later they are disintegrating already.
        I want something that lasts for a couple of years, not months. So I was thinking of getting silicon wipers just for longlivety.
        www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Had them on a Focus a while back, and they held up great. They were a cheapie brand I haven't seen in a while, or I'd have them on my DD now too.

Comment

ice kills wipers here - especially when other drivers (my wife shall remain nameless) are in too much of a hurry to warm up the car and use a scraper to remove the ice before turning on the wipers.

If there's a wiper that lasts longer than a year in a harsh climate - I'd love to hear more about it - it seems they are getting more expensive while the quality drops.
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

dont matter how much you spend out here, they are gonna be junk in 12 months...so I buy the cheap ones
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Got the goodyear blades when they were on sale at Costco for the DD. Already junk and the Lincoln has hidden wipers. go figure.

Comment

I stumbled on silicon refills on Ebay/UK and decided to be a guinea pig and got me a set;

Don't be fooled and judge me about the jazzy colors, I bought them in formal black...!

I don't expect much of these and in worst case I'll be buying new wipers in a number of months again.
                  They ahould arrive here tomorrow.
                  www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

In a similar vein...

The wipers on my car leave a weird pattern at the spot where they stop and change direction... which is AWESOME, because it's directly my line of sight.

Same deal on my GF's car, we both have VW's. Hers are replacement wipers, my are factory.

Windshield coating wearing off?
                    Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

I use, sell and recomend the PIAA silicone wipers. FIrst set on my MINI lasted 2 plus years in the socal heat. Amazon is usually the cheapest place although sometimes tirerack has them on sale. I only stock the MINI Cooper ones but everyone who has bought them loves them.
                      Last edited by stage1scott; April 10, 2013, 06:03 PM.
                      67 Fairlane 434 ci/464 hp/488 tq-RIP
                      05 GTO torrid red/red gut, LS2, Auto (my knees hurt!)

Comment

Working...
                      X